Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!
Worldwide Pokemon League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You must specify a subject when you post a new topic.

2 posters

Go down

You must specify a subject when you post a new topic. Empty You must specify a subject when you post a new topic.

Post by Malaikvavit Fri May 08, 2009 9:30 pm

You must specify a subject when you post a new topic. Jonathan_swift

What's that? You're going to recruit some members? No. You're not. Chances are you're posting in Latios' thread to either suck up to him or buffer your post count. Of course there is the possibility that you'll actually "recruit" someone, but they'll stay for a week at most, post twice (one of which being an introduction thread thread), and then disappear forever. Do you know why this is? Because you are all going about recruiting in the wrong way.And you all suck at life

The first thing that you need to know is that the reason people join sites is incentive. Remember back when you first joined WWPL. Got it? Why did you join? Most likely it was because you had something to gain from becoming a member. Jumping onto another pokemon website and spamming the hell out of the WWPL url is not going to make people join. If you're lucky, they'll click the link to complain to the mods about your behavior. What you need to do is put them into a situation where they have something to gain (or find them in this predicament).

A perfect example of this would be yahoo answers. Yes, I realize that site sucks. Yes, I realize that it's full of 12 year olds. This fits our bill to a "T" (or a "b"). The point is, they want something. And in order for them to get it, you need to redirect them here. Let's say they want a mewtwo. I don't give a damn if you don't have one, tell them that someone on this website
here will give it to them. Chances are that Latios or someone else will fork it out due to our low activity level.

Because we have such a small improbably tiny userbase, we can't exactly be picky about who we choose. Some members are obviously better than others. An example of a good member would be
zman. He contributes, is an overall good guy, and has recently been promoted to the status of moderator due to the aforementioned traits. An example of a bad member would be Hakuro de Killer. He was here for less than a month and racked up a grand total of 13 posts. That's so pitiful, even I have more than that. (tl;dr Don't invite your retarded friends)

Moving on, there is always three ways to do something. First is the bad way, which would be spamming our url on another board. Second would be the good way, which would be providing someone incentive to come here and stay here. Thirdly is the clever way. Pretend you are an idiot and are on the smogon forum. Here is an idea for you: link them to an actual wwpl pokemon recommendation thread (<----- THIS IS KEY) along with the text "I just made this thread, could you guys give me some suggestions?" One of two outcomes will probably occur. Either a mod catches on and deletes the link, or they click the link to see what it's about. You have just presented it in a plausible manner and the fish have taken the bait. And because they are Pokemon fans they probably have ADHD up the Mississppi, meaning they are going to peruse the rest of the site. Congratulations, you have now found us a member.

Limited time offer. Void where prohibited. Limit one per purchase.
Valid only in participating duels. This coupon is nontransferable and
invalid if shattered, crumbled, detonated, pillaged, or otherwise
disenchanted. Cash value less than 1/20 of a cent. Offer not valid in
Quebec, Rhode Island, or where prohibited by law or the DCI.
Malaikvavit
Malaikvavit
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2007-11-11

Candy Chart
Candy:
You must specify a subject when you post a new topic. Left_bar_bleue55/1000You must specify a subject when you post a new topic. Empty_bar_bleue  (55/1000)

Back to top Go down

You must specify a subject when you post a new topic. Empty Re: You must specify a subject when you post a new topic.

Post by Latios Fri May 08, 2009 9:50 pm

My name is Latios and I approve this message.

Seriously, if recruiting is going to work, we're going to have to do all the things mentioned in the OP.

/stickied.
Latios
Latios
Lead Administrator
Lead Administrator

Male Number of posts : 1894
Friend code : (brawl) 5112-3249-7754
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Candy Chart
Candy:
You must specify a subject when you post a new topic. Left_bar_bleue470/1000You must specify a subject when you post a new topic. Empty_bar_bleue  (470/1000)

http://www.wwpl.phpbb9.com

Back to top Go down