Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!
Worldwide Pokemon League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Season Three Champion

Go down

The Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Season Three Champion Empty The Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Season Three Champion

Post by sarge51 Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:33 pm

Season Three: Passing the Torch

Summary

Season three was one of transition. Many of the active members from seasons one and two had since left the site as a plethora of new members filled their shoes. Season three would see the rise of masterzman, Cladstn_Vampire and Malaikvavit just to name a few. Would one of these new members step up and take the cake, would Fan1 defend his title, or would another established vet stand up and win the third ToC?

Here are the names of the battlers who earned the right to participate in WWPL's third TOC, in order:

Tournament 1- Dragon9 (1st place)
Tournament 2- Fan1 (2nd place) (Blaze filled in for him in the ToC)
Tournament 3- Sarge51 (1st place)
Tournament 4- bennet3 (1st place) (Hypergamer filled in for him in the ToC)
Tournament 5- masterzman (1st place)
Tournament 6- Cladstn_Vampire (3rd place)
Tournament 7- Malaikvavit (1st place)
Tournament 8- Blue11 (1st place)

Season Three Stats:
Total Entrants: 76
Repeating Champions: Sarge51 (3), dragon9 (2)
ToC seeds: 1 Fan1, 2 Sarge51, 3 bennet3, 4 masterzman, dark horse malaikvavit
Season Three Tournament of Champions Rules: Survival+ Activity Tournament, any pokemon that faints cannot be used in the following round. First poster determined what tier to battle under. No restrictions, no hacks, hax, items, species clauses.

Sarge51's road to the Championship

WWPL's Season Three Tournament of Champions Winner-- Sarge51

~Sarge had just come off a tough loss in the season two ToC to Fan1. And he took home the bronze in the original ToC. Through a series of tough battles and crazy finishes, he proved that the third time's the charm, taking home ToC gold.

Round One (5-0)#2 Sarge51 over Blue11

This first round played as normal, but during the middle of it, the battle d/c'd. It wasn't Blues fault but the d/c may have happened by accident. We agreed to battle once more and it played out as usual with me ending up with a win. This battle was an OU battle.

The Semi-Finals (5-0)#2 Sarge51 over # Malaikvavit

This battle was quite..interesting. Mal's intention wasn't to beat me, but to make things fair for the next and final round against Masterzman. All he did was wipe out one of my pokemon so it would be 4 v 4 for the final battle. After that, he fled. This is something I didn't expect from Mal but, at least he made things fair. This was an Uber Battle.

The Final Match (1-0) #2 Sarge51 over #4 masterzman

This match was tough but I managed to pull through thanks to some surprise value that I had in my team that gave Masterzman some trouble. It was a rough battle with a Salamence here and a Tyranitar there and a Scizor there. But luckily, I managed to get a critical hit on his suicune with my Aerodactyl's Stone edge. I would've lost if that hadn't happened but gg to Masterzman, he did his best. This was an OU Battle.

Pokemon D/P Season Three Final Results

1st Sarge51
2nd masterzman
3rd Malaikvavit
4th Cladstn_Vampire
5th Blue11

FINAL BRACKETS

http://www.pokemonwifi.org/The-Season-Three-ToC-h8.htm

The Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Season Three Champion 282dzc6
sarge51
sarge51
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Male Number of posts : 882
Power Ranking : A class
Friend code : D/P FC:3566 4690 5758 Plat FC: 4769 3326 5774 Brawl FC:4854 7747 1134
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Candy Chart
Candy:
The Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Season Three Champion Left_bar_bleue135/1000The Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Season Three Champion Empty_bar_bleue  (135/1000)

Back to top Go down