Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!
Worldwide Pokemon League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think this would be a good idea?

2 posters

Go down

Your opinion?

Do you think this would be a good idea? Vote_lcap100%Do you think this would be a good idea? Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 3 ]
Do you think this would be a good idea? Vote_lcap0%Do you think this would be a good idea? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

Do you think this would be a good idea? Empty Do you think this would be a good idea?

Post by Blue11 Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:02 am

I was bored one day just browsing old topics and boards, and I came across the old rate my team topic and also some reviews on pokemon like Togekiss. In alot of sites, I also see things like pokemon of the week and month. This would also include summaries about the best way to use them and the situations in which they would be effective in, along with the nature and ev's they would need.

I was thinking we could revive the topic and/or make a new forum that is dedicated to doing such things. Although I'm pretty sure that a weekly poll would be the best way to decide which pokemon we should review each week. Most likely it might be better if we get a new group together, like how we have a news team, to head the forum. I would join and/or help lead the group until we could find a moderator to officially head the team.

Most battlers do use smogon as a way to get the right info they need to raise a pokemon, but I think that if we have a forum that works like smogon's reviews, we could get members to come and stay, even if it is just to read over our reviews for raising their pokemon.

So if enough people think this would be cool, I think we could see if Latios would put this idea into full swing.
Blue11
Blue11
Post Master
Post Master

Male Number of posts : 1172
Friend code : 5241 9954 1789
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Candy Chart
Candy:
Do you think this would be a good idea? Left_bar_bleue95/1000Do you think this would be a good idea? Empty_bar_bleue  (95/1000)

Back to top Go down

Do you think this would be a good idea? Empty Re: Do you think this would be a good idea?

Post by UM-1984 Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:29 pm

sounds like a good idea
we could use the reviewed pokemon for themed tournies (whereby we have to use that pokemon)
I'm sure someone could make a vid on the review (via youtube) and so help others while advertising the forums as well.
UM-1984
UM-1984

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-12-26

Candy Chart
Candy:
Do you think this would be a good idea? Left_bar_bleue0/0Do you think this would be a good idea? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Do you think this would be a good idea? Empty Re: Do you think this would be a good idea?

Post by Blue11 Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:45 pm

Well if we do put it on youtube we probably would need more than one pokemon to review, but would be a good idea. It would show that we don't just do battling but offer more insight to the strategy portion of the game.
Blue11
Blue11
Post Master
Post Master

Male Number of posts : 1172
Friend code : 5241 9954 1789
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Candy Chart
Candy:
Do you think this would be a good idea? Left_bar_bleue95/1000Do you think this would be a good idea? Empty_bar_bleue  (95/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by UM-1984 Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:01 pm

Blue11 wrote:Well if we do put it on youtube we probably would need more than one pokemon to review, but would be a good idea. It would show that we don't just do battling but offer more insight to the strategy portion of the game.

well we could show many different weaknesses with the pokes (like staged battles with those pokes against their weakness).
usefulness in their tier
usefulness in teams
as well as a personal opinion and rating based on the above (plus show some comments from other users on those cards and how useful they were in their opinion (showing more than one side of the arguement)).
finally do a jpizzle (does movie reviews) whereby he shows the viewer's average rating vs your rating.
idk the possibilities are endless.

we could use this as some sort of book club sort of thing where we all train up that poke and end up putting all our collective opinions into one huge rating.
UM-1984
UM-1984

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-12-26

Candy Chart
Candy:
Do you think this would be a good idea? Left_bar_bleue0/0Do you think this would be a good idea? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down