Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!
Worldwide Pokemon League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There was a problem. A TROLL Problem.

4 posters

Go down

There was a problem. A TROLL Problem. Empty There was a problem. A TROLL Problem.

Post by Spaark Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:16 am

Okay. Today, Monday, August 30, 2010 at 11:30pm a guy by the name of Darkshade-Cool~ Matt comes into the chatbox.

First, he asked if anyone wanted any of his "specially made pokemon avatars" which anyone can make themselves; it was just a recolored pokemon sprite with his name written on it.

I was okay with that.

Then, since no one wanted one, he starts talking about how he's better than "92% of the world," where is his proof I kept asking him. He kept barraging excuses at me.

I was bored. You look it up yourself. Change the subject.

I kept repeatedly getting no proof, so then my friend steps in, and he was trying to go at us by attempting to change the subject repeatedly. He claims he has an IQ of 218. Again, where is his proof of this? He just says "A test." WHAT TEST?

He's come to try to pass his stress on to others -- the common bully technique -- and he ended up creating more stress for himself, as he was losing this battle.

So, I say, "If your IQ is really 218, why aren't you using proper grammar?" He tries to say that it's the internet, it doesn't matter. He tries to call me a Grammar Nazi, and attempts to try to prove a point that he only uses proper grammar for letters, and much less important ones. Who doesn't use proper grammar for important documents? Then my friend tells him that one's grammar skills shouldn't only be confined to a letter. Then, Matt pulls a quote, as if it will help make his point any better.

I don't think so.

He then tried to change the subject again, but again, he failed. So he left.

He comes back 2 seconds later, and tries to change the subject again, and ultimately ended up leaving.

Overall, my statement here is that something needs to be done, and that there should be more moderators on the chatbox.

Things in Italics are my personal thoughts about the situation.

Spaark
Spaark
elite poster
elite poster

Male Number of posts : 796
Friend code : Look to the sig
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Candy Chart
Candy:
There was a problem. A TROLL Problem. Left_bar_bleue0/1000There was a problem. A TROLL Problem. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

There was a problem. A TROLL Problem. Empty Re: There was a problem. A TROLL Problem.

Post by Linck Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:19 am

I actually was quite annoyed seeing this troll attempt to weird out everyone and mess up the chat. It's annoying when someone is trading tips for pokemon when we see some guy mess with the chat and HAVE to be dealt with by the people in there.

As they say, don't feed the troll...but we can't feed it if it doesn't get in.
Linck
Linck

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-08-15

Back to top Go down

There was a problem. A TROLL Problem. Empty Re: There was a problem. A TROLL Problem.

Post by Latios Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:04 am

Hmm, shame I missed that one. I've been crazy busy the past week...

I could make the chat member only like it used to be... would that would help?
Latios
Latios
Lead Administrator
Lead Administrator

Male Number of posts : 1894
Friend code : (brawl) 5112-3249-7754
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Candy Chart
Candy:
There was a problem. A TROLL Problem. Left_bar_bleue470/1000There was a problem. A TROLL Problem. Empty_bar_bleue  (470/1000)

http://www.wwpl.phpbb9.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Linck Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:12 am

I'm not too sure what the chat was like beforehand since I'm new here but...if it is at all possible, just basic moderation would be nice.
Linck
Linck

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaark Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:06 pm

Latios wrote:Hmm, shame I missed that one. I've been crazy busy the past week...

I could make the chat member only like it used to be... would that would help?

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't really work, because some mods aren't as active as they try to be.
Spaark
Spaark
elite poster
elite poster

Candy Chart
Candy:
There was a problem. A TROLL Problem. Left_bar_bleue0/1000There was a problem. A TROLL Problem. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Latios Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:29 pm

Linck wrote:I'm not too sure what the chat was like beforehand since I'm new here but...if it is at all possible, just basic moderation would be nice.
Agreed, but that's difficult when the entire site's staff decides to go afk at the same time... like always... <_<

By making the chat member only, guests can't even see the chat, so random people trolling for the hell of it would likely become less of a problem. (Because a mod has to member the guests, and if a mod's around to member someone, there's likely a mod around to boot and ban that person when he/she decides to spam to troll)
Latios
Latios
Lead Administrator
Lead Administrator

Male Number of posts : 1894
Friend code : (brawl) 5112-3249-7754
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Candy Chart
Candy:
There was a problem. A TROLL Problem. Left_bar_bleue470/1000There was a problem. A TROLL Problem. Empty_bar_bleue  (470/1000)

http://www.wwpl.phpbb9.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaark Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:58 pm

While that suggestion would definitely stop the trolling problem, it would also stop people from coming to the site in the first place, because when there are no staff present, there is no one to make people who are trustable a member of the chat. This will cause them to leave in anger.
Spaark
Spaark
elite poster
elite poster

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by DXRenagade Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:31 pm

I have to agree with Spaark on this one. If no one is on the person will most likely leave and not return.
DXRenagade
DXRenagade

Male Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Candy Chart
Candy:
There was a problem. A TROLL Problem. Left_bar_bleue25/1000There was a problem. A TROLL Problem. Empty_bar_bleue  (25/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum