Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!
Worldwide Pokemon League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fire Emblem Awakening

3 posters

Go down

Fire Emblem Awakening Empty Fire Emblem Awakening

Post by Cladstn_Vampire Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:12 am

Did anyone else pick up this game, it was kind of rare when it released for awhile but its been pretty readily available now.

If so, what difficulty did you play at or what difficulty are you playing at? and which mode did you choose.

I played through Normal on Casual, but right now I'm finishing up Lunatic on Classic, just need the final battle. Hopefully I'll start Lunatic+ soon.

Cladstn_Vampire
Cladstn_Vampire
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Male Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Candy Chart
Candy:
Fire Emblem Awakening Left_bar_bleue0/0Fire Emblem Awakening Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem Awakening Empty Re: Fire Emblem Awakening

Post by mjfblaze Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:06 pm

I played Normal on Classic, but that's it. I'll probably start Lunatic on Classic as well one day.
mjfblaze
mjfblaze
Post Master
Post Master

Male Number of posts : 1298
Friend code : 3308 - 5621 - 5605
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Candy Chart
Candy:
Fire Emblem Awakening Left_bar_bleue35/1000Fire Emblem Awakening Empty_bar_bleue  (35/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cladstn_Vampire Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:48 pm

Yeah Lunatic isn't too bad, once you get used to making a good plan most of the last battles it's really just making to the end in as few turns as possible, some of the earlier battles are hard just because Fredrick is the only one that can do anything. But just got Lunatic+ no clue how I'm going to beat the Prologue. With regular enemies with abilities like Luna+, Vantage+ or Hawkeye. So they always half your defense, always go first and never miss, and if you lose anyone its game over. Lissa you can't recover Fredrick, Fredrick you can't do anything, and Chrom and My Unit instant Game Over.
Cladstn_Vampire
Cladstn_Vampire
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Candy Chart
Candy:
Fire Emblem Awakening Left_bar_bleue0/0Fire Emblem Awakening Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by mjfblaze Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:06 pm

Yeah, the beginning is really the most difficult parts, but after that, it just goes downhill and easier. Dealing with them one at a time is really the only way you can win in any FE Lunatic+ mode.
mjfblaze
mjfblaze
Post Master
Post Master

Candy Chart
Candy:
Fire Emblem Awakening Left_bar_bleue35/1000Fire Emblem Awakening Empty_bar_bleue  (35/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Latios Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:48 pm

I beat lunatic and had no desire to do lunatic+

Who wants to grind for 20+ hours doing the same 5 levels over and over again, and then grind your units out to a manageable level?  Not me, that's who.  What they should have done was raise the minimum levels/stats/abilities and let you keep the levels/abilities you had earned in the previous playthrough.
Latios
Latios
Lead Administrator
Lead Administrator

Male Number of posts : 1894
Friend code : (brawl) 5112-3249-7754
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Candy Chart
Candy:
Fire Emblem Awakening Left_bar_bleue470/1000Fire Emblem Awakening Empty_bar_bleue  (470/1000)

http://www.wwpl.phpbb9.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cladstn_Vampire Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:25 pm

I think you might be doing something wrong... levels are negligible after a certain point, you really only have to grind until you have the abilities you need*, and most of the good stat raises happen when trying to get said abilities. Most of my stat points came from items, rift doors seem to almost always have stat boosting items. Then using tonics and confect plus rally, things aren't too bad.

The only problem I had with the final boss was that Chrom was a Sniper, so he couldn't use his sword which deals the most damage to the boss. So I had to train him up 10 levels as a lord, Master Seal him into a Great Lord and just used him as a Level 1.

*DLC pretty much makes everything easier quickly raise up new characters to a usable state, Limit Breaker allows for about +10 every stat after their max, +2 All Stats decent boost and then with Bride's Love Rally another +2, which I believe does stack. Everything else is just having good planning.

Also Lunatic+ is a bit cheap since most of the time its softresting until you get a chapter of enemies with a bad loadout of abilities. First battle I had to wait until the Mages didn't have Vantage+ otherwise they deal 15 damage to Fredrick and that's pretty much Game Over once something else comes to attack.
Cladstn_Vampire
Cladstn_Vampire
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Latios Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:13 pm

I (think I) know all the tricks, I just don't think it's fun to have mash your way through levels and then grind it up in the outrealm gate in order to get the game started.  It's just bad game design; it's faux difficulty.

If you're going to make a hard mode, then make a hard mode.  Don't simply make the first 5 levels impossible and then everything medium difficulty afterward.
Latios
Latios
Lead Administrator
Lead Administrator

Candy Chart
Candy:
Fire Emblem Awakening Left_bar_bleue470/1000Fire Emblem Awakening Empty_bar_bleue  (470/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cladstn_Vampire Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:06 pm

Well if you play it like every other RPG and you spend all your time grinding you're just making it harder on yourself when you actually gain access to the secondary and master seals. If you beat the first 5 levels, and you grind to level 20 that's a waste. Since not only did you waste your time getting to 20, you have to spend more time getting to 15 for the next class.

But it is as you say its just difficult for the sake of adding to the length to the game, they didn't think how it would affect the actual aspects of the game.

Also the first 5 levels aren't the only ones that are impossible all the levels are impossible without DLC. ;P Probably, might try to do a no-dlc run and see how that goes.
Cladstn_Vampire
Cladstn_Vampire
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Latios Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:25 pm

I don't grind mindlessly to level 20; I use secondary seals, master seals, weapon upgrades, I use valuable skills like Sol, lifetaker, galeforce, armsthrift, and I also use some tactics here and there. <_<

I'm a big fan of this game, don't get me wrong, I just think they go about the wrong way in creating difficulty.  Just like in Radiant Dawn, they tried to make the game harder by removing the range meter.  They didn't make the AI any smarter, they didn't arrange the starting map locations any more difficulty, they just took away one of your tools that helps you play the game. >_>

I'd like to see that no DLC run though, sounds brutal. Cool
Latios
Latios
Lead Administrator
Lead Administrator

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cladstn_Vampire Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:03 am

I'm just saying you have to plan things otherwise you spend more time than you should. I wonder if the DLC had any impact on the difficulty. Not sure if they have to follow the same rules as the internal first party Nintendo EAD teams. Where they develop DLC after release instead of alongside the game.

Death + No-DLC run, because that only take things to the next level. Otherwise it would be just watching someone reset until everyone lives. Too bad it would be too difficult to record. Maybe I'll try...
Cladstn_Vampire
Cladstn_Vampire
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by mjfblaze Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:34 pm

When I played Fire Emblem: Awakening, I didn't really go into the DLC too much. I only got the characters Marth and Roy, and near the end of the game, I did some of the rest. The only thing that Marth and Roy DLC would give you are extra experience points.
mjfblaze
mjfblaze
Post Master
Post Master

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cladstn_Vampire Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:12 pm

Not that DLC, the DLC especially made for grinding. The Golden Pack or more specifically the EXPonential Growth, The Golden Gaffe, and the Infinite Regalia DLC.

EXPonential Growth, really low level characters can get around 100 EXP for taking down the risen there(You drop 10 EXP after every few levels until you only gain 8 EXP from everything). The Golden Gaffe nets you around 75,000 gold i think. And Infinite Regalia gets you rare weapon I think, I never actually used this one.
Cladstn_Vampire
Cladstn_Vampire
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down