Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!
Worldwide Pokemon League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shin Megami Tensei IV

2 posters

Go down

Shin Megami Tensei IV Empty Shin Megami Tensei IV

Post by Cladstn_Vampire Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:13 am

How many of you picked up the game?

Lot's a spoilers later on in the game so I won't say much but I'm really enjoying it.

It's was pretty difficult at the start getting used to the demon talk system. Kept trying different things but the result was always them getting mad and attacking and having me dying.

However the demon talk system is kind of crap, I found a method that works sometimes but the work percentage is far too low. I gave up on using it, just sold most of my expensive items(usually chakara drops) and spent my app points on the compendium discounts early on. Having around 50,000+ macca on hand usually when I go through new places, when I need something/replenishing mp or a strong demon is up ahead I'll just fuse.

Also the compendium is great in this SMT game, they tell you not only your fusions of your on hand demons but those with your compendium demons too. So it saves you time figuring out what you need.

Cladstn_Vampire
Cladstn_Vampire
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Male Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Candy Chart
Candy:
Shin Megami Tensei IV Left_bar_bleue0/0Shin Megami Tensei IV Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Shin Megami Tensei IV Empty Re: Shin Megami Tensei IV

Post by mjfblaze Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:57 pm

I still need to pick up this game. :L

Shin Megami Tensei games have really upgraded their demon compendium system. In Soul Hackers, you could examine all the demons that you can potentially fuse, and I like how this one includes some from your compendium.
mjfblaze
mjfblaze
Post Master
Post Master

Male Number of posts : 1298
Friend code : 3308 - 5621 - 5605
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Candy Chart
Candy:
Shin Megami Tensei IV Left_bar_bleue35/1000Shin Megami Tensei IV Empty_bar_bleue  (35/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cladstn_Vampire Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:47 pm

You seemed to be really looking forward to  it, and now it's almost the end of the month and you still haven't picked it up.

Yeah the compendium it's been upgraded a lot just kind of hate you can't see all your options. You need to narrow your results a lot for it allows a search so if you want to save a bit a macca, it takes awhile. But it's a lot better than in passed games.
Cladstn_Vampire
Cladstn_Vampire
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Candy Chart
Candy:
Shin Megami Tensei IV Left_bar_bleue0/0Shin Megami Tensei IV Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by mjfblaze Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:43 pm

I just recently bought it, and the game is actually surprisingly difficult. I died twice in the beginning because I forgot to heal and they gave me the option to set the difficulty to beginner. Razz
mjfblaze
mjfblaze
Post Master
Post Master

Candy Chart
Candy:
Shin Megami Tensei IV Left_bar_bleue35/1000Shin Megami Tensei IV Empty_bar_bleue  (35/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cladstn_Vampire Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:46 pm

Finally, ;p

When did it tell you, you could switch difficulty? At the start when you were training in Naraku? I'm guessing it's when you pay Uhhhh forgot his name macca then. I thought you had to get like 5-6 hours in.
Cladstn_Vampire
Cladstn_Vampire
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by mjfblaze Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:31 pm

It asked if I wanted to pay, and I did with Streetpass coins since I have a bunch. After that, I immediately died on the next battle because I forgot to heal, and the two servants were like, "Since our master isn't here, we'll bring you back with the option to switch difficulties." I think they made fun of me also, but whatevs. xD
mjfblaze
mjfblaze
Post Master
Post Master

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cladstn_Vampire Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:21 am

I'm guessing it happens if you die soon after you've been revived then. Or you just died a bunch in Naraku more than me at least since I got the option way later. So you might suck but, no real point to switching I feel like later on in the game Prentice is so much easier than when you start. So Fellow is got to be insanely easy. The games difficulty isn't balanced, the early game is far more difficulty than the later portion.
Cladstn_Vampire
Cladstn_Vampire
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum