Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!
Worldwide Pokemon League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does pokemon have religion

+2
mjfblaze
Jpg
6 posters

Go down

does pokemon have religion

Does pokemon have religion Vote_lcap43%Does pokemon have religion Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]
Does pokemon have religion Vote_lcap57%Does pokemon have religion Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

Does pokemon have religion Empty Does pokemon have religion

Post by Jpg Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:23 am

i know in pokemon they have legendries that some of them think created something or is the being of whatever, but do they have a religion like christianity, judaism or hinduism?
Jpg
Jpg
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male Number of posts : 1249
Power Ranking : B class
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Candy Chart
Candy:
Does pokemon have religion Left_bar_bleue0/1000Does pokemon have religion Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Does pokemon have religion Empty Re: Does pokemon have religion

Post by mjfblaze Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:26 pm

Well, with Arceus, you could relate it to Christianity. Arceus was born from an egg, God appeared. Arceus created Time and Space (Dialga and Palkia) and then the world, and technically, God did also. So if that answers your question, accept it. I don't know what you meant or anything.
mjfblaze
mjfblaze
Post Master
Post Master

Male Number of posts : 1298
Friend code : 3308 - 5621 - 5605
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Candy Chart
Candy:
Does pokemon have religion Left_bar_bleue35/1000Does pokemon have religion Empty_bar_bleue  (35/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by masterzman Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:49 pm

I said no because I don't know how you could possibly relate a religion too a Pokemon game. I don't even think they would be allowed to do that in the first place.
masterzman
masterzman

Number of posts : 974
Friend code : 1333-0695-5827

Candy Chart
Candy:
Does pokemon have religion Left_bar_bleue65/1000Does pokemon have religion Empty_bar_bleue  (65/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by StarKirby5 Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:25 pm

It would be kinda weird, but it is an important question. I say they do have religions, because how else would they be created?
StarKirby5
Banned
Banned

Male Number of posts : 789
Power Ranking : F Class
Friend code : 5069-8269-5694
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Candy Chart
Candy:
Does pokemon have religion Left_bar_bleue55/1000Does pokemon have religion Empty_bar_bleue  (55/1000)

http://www.wiigalaxy.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mjfblaze Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:54 am

masterzman wrote:I said no because I don't know how you could possibly relate a religion too a Pokemon game. I don't even think they would be allowed to do that in the first place.

There are a ton of games that have religion in them, and Pokemon is no different. In the anime, there are also references to religion, like Brock doing a reference of Noah in an episode. And in the Diamond and Pearl, in Hearthome City, there's a Church in there, implying religion or some sort.
mjfblaze
mjfblaze
Post Master
Post Master

Candy Chart
Candy:
Does pokemon have religion Left_bar_bleue35/1000Does pokemon have religion Empty_bar_bleue  (35/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaziblast Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:10 am

I admit that there are small references to religion in the Pokemon series and games, but altogether I doubt that Pokemon "has a religion".
Blaziblast
Blaziblast

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by mjfblaze Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:19 pm

There's a God in the game. A God then is worshiped. And if it's worshiped, then they'll make a religion out of it. Think about it, religion is faith or a belief system. If they believe that Arceus created the Pokemon world, then a religion will start. Budda, God itself, Zeus, and other gods who created the world are all worshiped or was worshiped. Arceus is no different, there will be people in the game and anime who will worship it. We will have to see what happens in the Arceus movie, then.
mjfblaze
mjfblaze
Post Master
Post Master

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hakuro de Killer Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:47 pm

I think there is a religion based on a lot of the Legendary Pokemon like Ho-Oh, Lugia, Celebi, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Arceus. I mean, if it was comparable to any real-life religion, I would say that it would be very close to the religion of the Greeks.

Basically Polytheism (the pokemon stated above) with a few demigods and other beings thrown in for good measure (the demis being the other legendaries not mentioned with the exception of Deoxys and Mewtwo, because they're supposedly too recently discovered within the timeline to count.)

In short, there is a religion that is loosely based off of real life religion. But the truth is that the religion is vague and it is rarely ever touched upon.
Hakuro de Killer
Hakuro de Killer

Male Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Candy Chart
Candy:
Does pokemon have religion Left_bar_bleue0/0Does pokemon have religion Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://hakurodekiller.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down