Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!
Worldwide Pokemon League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Okay, let's get serious people

+2
Prosecutor PL
Latios
6 posters

Go down

Okay, let's get serious people Empty Okay, let's get serious people

Post by Latios Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:45 pm

Activity is way down, down further than it's been in over a year. And if we're going to get it back up we're going to need everyone's help.

What I need first and foremost are recruiters-- people that are willing to go to other sites and advertize and convince people to join. Secondly, I need ideas. Any ideas to improve activity are more than welcome, and please post them in this thread.

I'm going to do everything I can to get activity up and I hope you guys will help me by doing the same.
Latios
Latios
Lead Administrator
Lead Administrator

Male Number of posts : 1894
Friend code : (brawl) 5112-3249-7754
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Candy Chart
Candy:
Okay, let's get serious people Left_bar_bleue470/1000Okay, let's get serious people Empty_bar_bleue  (470/1000)

http://www.wwpl.phpbb9.com

Back to top Go down

Okay, let's get serious people Empty Re: Okay, let's get serious people

Post by Prosecutor PL Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:05 pm

I can recruit people now that i am done with a lot of my work and we need more tournaments for brawl and other games that are popular and have wi fi on it
Prosecutor PL
Prosecutor PL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male Number of posts : 591
Power Ranking : Top C
Friend code : diamond-4424-8247-0006 Brawl-5327-0568-5728
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Candy Chart
Candy:
Okay, let's get serious people Left_bar_bleue135/1000Okay, let's get serious people Empty_bar_bleue  (135/1000)

http://www.pokemonwifi.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Jpg Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:45 pm

think outside the box, advertise on youtube, branch out in to other games, and make walkthroughs.
Jpg
Jpg
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male Number of posts : 1249
Power Ranking : B class
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Candy Chart
Candy:
Okay, let's get serious people Left_bar_bleue0/1000Okay, let's get serious people Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue11 Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:31 am

it is hard to advertise on other sites, because they all seem to have the no advertising rule. I'm having a rough time trying to get around it.
Blue11
Blue11
Post Master
Post Master

Male Number of posts : 1172
Friend code : 5241 9954 1789
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Candy Chart
Candy:
Okay, let's get serious people Left_bar_bleue95/1000Okay, let's get serious people Empty_bar_bleue  (95/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by mjfblaze Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:12 am

The Gym Leaders was an okay idea, but maybe re-elect Gym Leaders since DX has been getting all the challenges and he basically can't do it often since he has work. Maybe we could have people on this site review a game weekly or monthly from old to new games. A group of people could take turns doing reviews every month or week and it could be interesting. I think on Pokelegion there was a "school" program that they did where they would take someone new and teach them Competitive. There could be like a small group of teachers and the teachers could explain different things like the common asked question of IVs and EVs.

And this suggestion has been on my mind for a while: We basically have this "magazine" that's updated monthly. It could do a "Pokemon of the Month", interview the staff, tournament reviews, and much more. It would have to require a decent amount of people who know what they're talking, though, but I think it's a pretty good idea. The Smog was what brought the idea to my head.
mjfblaze
mjfblaze
Post Master
Post Master

Male Number of posts : 1298
Friend code : 3308 - 5621 - 5605
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Candy Chart
Candy:
Okay, let's get serious people Left_bar_bleue35/1000Okay, let's get serious people Empty_bar_bleue  (35/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by DXRenagade Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:24 am

Blaze wrote:The Gym Leaders was an okay idea, but maybe re-elect Gym Leaders since DX has been getting all the challenges and he basically can't do it often since he has work.

On the gym leader thing I have sent these People PM's and they have not responded to the PM's
I can't face my challengers if they don't let me know when they are going to be on.

What am I supposed to do put a tracking device on these guys and say "HEY DIDN'T YOU CHALLENGE ME?" through a speaker or something.

So what am I supposed to do if no one responds to my PM's?
I have 4 challengers PMed them all and have got no result out of it. It's like they challenge the gym then take off for 2 or 3 weeks.

Sorry if I got a little carried away but I STILL Check this site daily. Theres nothing I can do if no one answers me. I am looking for a day shift job so hopefully I will get one. I didn't ask to be on night shift that is the way it happened.

But anyway I leave that up to Latios he is the site owner.

But whatever I lose no matter what if it be through the internet or in real life. I am always the loser..............

Latios let me know your decision.
DXRenagade
DXRenagade

Male Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Candy Chart
Candy:
Okay, let's get serious people Left_bar_bleue25/1000Okay, let's get serious people Empty_bar_bleue  (25/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Prosecutor PL Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:07 pm

I'm working on a comercial so hopefully it will bring new members. Also sometimes we get people on the chatbox that are guests and no mod is there to make them a member. I sugest either putting an active member as a mod on the chat, or make the chat allowed for guests to talk.
Prosecutor PL
Prosecutor PL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male Number of posts : 591
Power Ranking : Top C
Friend code : diamond-4424-8247-0006 Brawl-5327-0568-5728
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Candy Chart
Candy:
Okay, let's get serious people Left_bar_bleue135/1000Okay, let's get serious people Empty_bar_bleue  (135/1000)

http://www.pokemonwifi.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Latios Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:23 pm

DXRenagade wrote:
Blaze wrote:The Gym Leaders was an okay idea, but maybe re-elect Gym Leaders since DX has been getting all the challenges and he basically can't do it often since he has work.

On the gym leader thing I have sent these People PM's and they have not responded to the PM's
I can't face my challengers if they don't let me know when they are going to be on.

What am I supposed to do put a tracking device on these guys and say "HEY DIDN'T YOU CHALLENGE ME?" through a speaker or something.

So what am I supposed to do if no one responds to my PM's?
I have 4 challengers PMed them all and have got no result out of it. It's like they challenge the gym then take off for 2 or 3 weeks.

Sorry if I got a little carried away but I STILL Check this site daily. Theres nothing I can do if no one answers me. I am looking for a day shift job so hopefully I will get one. I didn't ask to be on night shift that is the way it happened.

But anyway I leave that up to Latios he is the site owner.

But whatever I lose no matter what if it be through the internet or in real life. I am always the loser..............

Latios let me know your decision.
Umm... yeah. I'm not going to take away your GL spot.

If people don't show up, that's their problem. Just make sure when you send them PM's to tell them when you can be on, and give them a date by when they have to show up. Like, i can battle frday saturday and sunday from 4 to 10 pm eastern and if you don't show up at any of those times, then your challenge is void. Or something like that.
Latios
Latios
Lead Administrator
Lead Administrator

Male Number of posts : 1894
Friend code : (brawl) 5112-3249-7754
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Candy Chart
Candy:
Okay, let's get serious people Left_bar_bleue470/1000Okay, let's get serious people Empty_bar_bleue  (470/1000)

http://www.wwpl.phpbb9.com

Back to top Go down

Okay, let's get serious people Empty Idea!!!

Post by Blue11 Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:03 am

I've been browsing some popular spots that are like what our site used to be (being more than a one game battling site). One site i have found has done really interesting things. First thing that stands out is that there is a new member forum that each new member must make a topic, and get ten posts before becoming a full member. They can't post in any other forum board until then. Afterwards they are put into one of four clans or teams (fire, water, earth, and air). Usually they have a tournament of each game (pokemon, CoD, and Brawl) every week on separate days. The people who head the tournament keep track of each individual and team's score, and when the tournament is over, they post the results are posted in the leader board page. At the end of the year awards are given to the team or clan with the number 1 spot.

Each tournament, however is carried out the day of the tournament with no exceptions for being late. If you are not there at the specified time, you are out. Having one each week usually doesn't really discourage the ones who missed.

The way they come up with how many points each individual gets from a tournament is by subtraction the losses from the winnes they have each tournament. The person with the highest points is first and so on, but that is pretty easy to understand.
Then they take the points of each teams individuals, add them, and post the number off total points next to the teams name in the leader board.

I know it seems like alot to do, but they have over 70 active people on the site, mostly CoD and Brawl. I think if we can get something like this going on right here, we could keep our current active people and bring alot more members in too.
Blue11
Blue11
Post Master
Post Master

Male Number of posts : 1172
Friend code : 5241 9954 1789
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Candy Chart
Candy:
Okay, let's get serious people Left_bar_bleue95/1000Okay, let's get serious people Empty_bar_bleue  (95/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down