Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!
Worldwide Pokemon League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Pokemon Alert

+5
Latios
JKYLspartan
Jpg
Cladstn_Vampire
mjfblaze
9 posters

Go down

New Pokemon Alert Empty New Pokemon Alert

Post by mjfblaze Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:43 pm

Well, there's a new Steel/Ghost-type Pokemon called Hitotsuki in Japanese and Monorpale in French. It's appearance is based off of a sword.

Spoiler:

I've been waiting for a Steel/Ghost Pokemon for a long time, and I'm glad it's here now. Being immune to Toxic, Fighting, and Normal makes it seem like a pretty good Stall Pokemon. However, its design is meh for me. Cofagrigus was shaped like a coffin, but that made sense to me.
mjfblaze
mjfblaze
Post Master
Post Master

Male Number of posts : 1298
Friend code : 3308 - 5621 - 5605
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Candy Chart
Candy:
New Pokemon Alert Left_bar_bleue35/1000New Pokemon Alert Empty_bar_bleue  (35/1000)

Back to top Go down

New Pokemon Alert Empty Re: New Pokemon Alert

Post by Cladstn_Vampire Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:00 pm

Personally I like it a lot, it's pretty awesome looking. It also makes more sense than other things. Most ghost pokemon are created from things possessing other things. Yamask line, Bannett, Shedinja, Golett line, Rotom Forms, and Litwick line.
Cladstn_Vampire
Cladstn_Vampire
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Male Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Candy Chart
Candy:
New Pokemon Alert Left_bar_bleue0/0New Pokemon Alert Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by mjfblaze Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:32 pm

Here's the video of the Pokemon in action. It starts at 3 minutes and 52 seconds.
mjfblaze
mjfblaze
Post Master
Post Master

Candy Chart
Candy:
New Pokemon Alert Left_bar_bleue35/1000New Pokemon Alert Empty_bar_bleue  (35/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jpg Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:26 pm

I usually hate most new gen Pokémon until I see them in the animé, at which point they mysteriously become awesome.
Jpg
Jpg
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male Number of posts : 1249
Power Ranking : B class
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Candy Chart
Candy:
New Pokemon Alert Left_bar_bleue0/1000New Pokemon Alert Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by mjfblaze Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:54 pm

The name has been confirmed to be Honedge in English. And it's capable of learning Swords Dance. WHAT A TWIST.
mjfblaze
mjfblaze
Post Master
Post Master

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by JKYLspartan Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:16 pm

swords dance? how is that possible!
JKYLspartan
JKYLspartan

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2007-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Latios Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:29 pm

Maybe its swords dance will be different... Like curse with ghost types?
Latios
Latios
Lead Administrator
Lead Administrator

Male Number of posts : 1894
Friend code : (brawl) 5112-3249-7754
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Candy Chart
Candy:
New Pokemon Alert Left_bar_bleue470/1000New Pokemon Alert Empty_bar_bleue  (470/1000)

http://www.wwpl.phpbb9.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cladstn_Vampire Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:19 pm

That would be nice, new ways to use old moves.
Cladstn_Vampire
Cladstn_Vampire
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by mjfblaze Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:28 pm

Latios wrote:Maybe its swords dance will be different... Like curse with ghost types?

That'd be cool. No other Ghost-type learns Swords Dance legally, so it is possible.
mjfblaze
mjfblaze
Post Master
Post Master

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by mjfblaze Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:13 am

Sorry for double posting, but if you haven't noticed, more Pokemon have been revealed. If you haven't seen the new Pokemon, I recommend looking them up.
---
Pangoro, which is an evolution of Pancham, has been revealed and it's a Fighting/Dark-type. It has Iron Fist and Mold Breaker, and confirmed to have Hammer Arm, which is good considering that Iron Fist would increase it by 20%, making it a powerful 180 move (considering that they won't change any of the numbers).

Xerneas is a pure Fairy-type and Yveltal's a Dark/Flying-type. Xerneas's ability Fairy Aura increases Fairy-type moves and has a signature move called Geomancy, though no one knows what it does. Yveltal's ability Dark Aura increases Dark-type moves and its signature move is called Oblivion Wing, which no one knows what it does as well.

Inkay and its evolution Malamar are both Dark/Psychic-types and have the ability Suction Cup and Contrary. Inkay learns a new move called Topsey-Turvy, which reverses all stat increases, and Malamar can learn Hypnosis. While the type mix is very impressive with only one weakness so far (which is Bug, though it's 4x weak to it), Contrary seems rather wasteful on Malamar, who can't really abuse the ability unless it learns the signature move Psycho Boost. However, Suction Cup isn't too shabby, and if it learns Calm Mind, it could abuse the move without fearing being forced to switch out.

Honedge, the Ghost/Steel-type that was revealed last week, has been confirmed to have the ability No Guard. I'm kind of disappointed on the ability since there are no moves that I can think of that Honedge could abuse, but perhaps they'll create a Ghost or Steel move with 50% chance of hitting. Heck, if that doesn't work, Will-O-Wisp now has a 100% hit rate. If Will-O-Wisp, Focus Blast, and Hypnosis can be taught to Honedge, it would be one powerful and annoying Pokemon.

Swirlix is also a new Fairy-type Pokemon, but it has a new ability called Sweet Veil, which prevents an ally from falling asleep. It knows a new Fairy-type attack called Draining Kiss, which damages the enemy and restores its HP. Swirlix and Clauncher, the Water-type shrimp-looking Pokemon, are exclusive for X version.
Spritzee is a new Fairy-type Pokemon with the ability Healer and knows the move Aromatherapy. Spritzee and Skrelp, the Poison/Water seahorse-looking Pokemon, are exclusive for Y version.

EDIT: Aurotto is a tree-like Pokemon with spider-like legs. The sketches on this Pokebeach link gives you a general idea of what it looks like. Do you think it could be an evolution to Sudowoodo or just a completely new Pokemon?
mjfblaze
mjfblaze
Post Master
Post Master

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cladstn_Vampire Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:30 am

Both Xerneas and Yveltal sound like they'll be pretty useful in ubers with those abilities. Probably a 1.5 Boost, on top of their 1.5 STAB boost.

Too bad we aren't seeing a whole lot of new abilities and moves, hopefully they add substantially more than they did with BW.
Cladstn_Vampire
Cladstn_Vampire
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by escapingreality Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:24 am

Any news on the stat distribution of Honedge? Steel/Ghost seems like a good combo, but I wonder if its stats would be conducive to making it a stall.
escapingreality
escapingreality
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Female Number of posts : 67
Power Ranking : A Class
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Candy Chart
Candy:

http://www.myspace.com/escapefromreality4

Back to top Go down

Post by Cladstn_Vampire Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:30 pm

Me and Blaze had some theories that follow most of what Ghost are known for. It'll probably have good Attack & Defense, Average/Blow Average Sp. Defense and HP and Crap Sp. Attack and Speed.

But I think it'll be pretty good compared to some of the other bulkier Ghost with similar stat spreads. Since it'll probably get Swords Dance and Rock Polish. If it has 130 Base Attack+ with at least 70 Base Speed, It would make a pretty good Rock Polish set. I think it might be extremely versatile doing both support or attack with the right movepool.
Cladstn_Vampire
Cladstn_Vampire
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shockvalue Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:19 pm

On a completely unrelated note (though not really), does it seem that they're experimenting more with new type combinations? Such as Fighting/Dark with Pangoro and Steel/Ghost with Honedge. I'm waiting to see if there are any more with similar combinations, as I feel like this has to be balanced out as they gain better resistance, possibly with Fairy- types?
Shockvalue
Shockvalue
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 612
Friend code : 3781 7083 0138
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Candy Chart
Candy:
New Pokemon Alert Left_bar_bleue90/1000New Pokemon Alert Empty_bar_bleue  (90/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bennet3 Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:38 pm

Fairy>water obviously, it only makes sense. lol. Fairy will probably super effective vs. dark and ghost.
Bennet3
Bennet3
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 571
Power Ranking : A class
Friend code : 4341 3387 3170
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost42 Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:12 am

Cladstn_Vampire wrote:Me and Blaze had some theories that follow most of what Ghost are known for. It'll probably have good Attack & Defense, Average/Blow Average Sp. Defense and HP and Crap Sp. Attack and Speed.

Since it's a sword its speed shouldn't be that bad, a lot of ghost types are based on slow or non-moving objects.

What I want to see is a pokemon able to use Honedge as a weapon in double/ triple battles.
Ghost42
Ghost42
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Candy Chart
Candy:
New Pokemon Alert Left_bar_bleue-5/1000New Pokemon Alert Empty_bar_bleue  (-5/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by JKYLspartan Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:24 pm

i don't know, perhaps honedge's evolution will be the full armor.
JKYLspartan
JKYLspartan

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2007-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down