Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!
Worldwide Pokemon League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, about the hurricane.

3 posters

Go down

So, about the hurricane. Empty So, about the hurricane.

Post by Spaark Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:33 pm

To those who are no longer experiencing effects of the Hurricane (rain, wind, power loss, etc.)

How bad was it for you? I lost power Friday evening, and have since not had it back on, as I type this, I'm sitting in my dad's office.

To be honest, this is nothing I haven't experienced before, what living in Florida for some time. But now, I think people will actually start taking action against Global Warming and try to actually prevent it.

Thoughts and stories anyone?
Spaark
Spaark
elite poster
elite poster

Male Number of posts : 796
Friend code : Look to the sig
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Candy Chart
Candy:
So, about the hurricane. Left_bar_bleue0/1000So, about the hurricane. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

So, about the hurricane. Empty Re: So, about the hurricane.

Post by Jpg Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:23 pm

I'm english so this didn't affect me, but I expect that although people will pledge to be greener, not a lot of people will go through with it.
Jpg
Jpg
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male Number of posts : 1249
Power Ranking : B class
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Candy Chart
Candy:
So, about the hurricane. Left_bar_bleue0/1000So, about the hurricane. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Latios Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:42 pm

I'm not sure global warming is responsible for an increase in hurricanes, although I don't really know because I'm not into that kind of stuff.

I live in viriginia beach which got shat upon by rain wind and all that, but we never lost power somehow. My folks back in Richmond are still without power though... weeeeird...
Latios
Latios
Lead Administrator
Lead Administrator

Male Number of posts : 1894
Friend code : (brawl) 5112-3249-7754
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Candy Chart
Candy:
So, about the hurricane. Left_bar_bleue470/1000So, about the hurricane. Empty_bar_bleue  (470/1000)

http://www.wwpl.phpbb9.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaark Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:34 am

Well, PEPCO finally stopped acting like idiots (No, seriously, they were standing outside staring at the wires for like 4 hours without actually doing anything.) so I have power.

Global Warming does cause a change in climate, therefore causing different weather patterns. So the warmer states will get warmer thus causing a significant decrease in rain, northern states will get warmer becoming the southern states temperature, and so on, you get the point.

So yeah. All the best to your folks in Richmond, my dad was up there when the earthquake hit last Tuesday.
Spaark
Spaark
elite poster
elite poster

Male Number of posts : 796
Friend code : Look to the sig
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Latios Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:40 pm

Thanks man, and yeah I guess that stuff about global warming and climate change does make sense when you think about it.

90% of people in the county I live in are going to be without power until friday, but I think my parents are using this as an excuse to take a vacation so don't feel too bad for them...
Latios
Latios
Lead Administrator
Lead Administrator

Male Number of posts : 1894
Friend code : (brawl) 5112-3249-7754
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Candy Chart
Candy:
So, about the hurricane. Left_bar_bleue470/1000So, about the hurricane. Empty_bar_bleue  (470/1000)

http://www.wwpl.phpbb9.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down