Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!
Worldwide Pokemon League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NUclear Power Team

2 posters

Go down

NUclear Power Team Empty NUclear Power Team

Post by mjfblaze Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:20 pm

Basically, this team is just an aggressive NU team that's designed to completely break the opponent's defenses and/or damage the walls enough that my end game sweeper will finish the game. It's definitely a double-edge sword technique since NU isn't well-known to possess both sturdy and powerful Pokemon, allowing you to switch into a Pokemon and set-up. Anyway, I've played around with this team and enjoyed it. It fits like a glove for me, but comments and opinions are appreciated.
---

NUclear Power Team 57
Primeape "Predator" @ Choice Scarf
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Vital Spirit ability
Jolly nature
~Close Combat
~U-turn
~Stone Edge
~Ice Punch

Standard Primeape. It allows me to scout Pokemon, finish off weakened ones, and take sleep inducing attacks. It packs quite a punch, but can't take one as well, so I have to really use it wisely.

NUclear Power Team 348
Armaldo "Armageddon" @ Leftovers
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Battle Armor ability
Impish nature
~Stealth Rock
~Rapid Spin
~Rock Blast
~Knock Off

Armaldo is basically my Spinner, but also serves as a reliable annoying pest (no pun intended). Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin are the bread-and-butter of Armaldo, but I chose Rock Blast over Stone Edge because of the fact that Ninjask will poop on me and for some reason most people don't expect it, which is good for me. Knock Off is to eliminate Eviolite, Leftovers, White Herb, and other handy items.

NUclear Power Team 6
Charizard "Urthemial" @ Life Orb
252 Sp. Atk / 4 Sp. Def / 252 Speed
Blaze ability
Timid nature
~Fire Blast
~Air Slash
~Substitute
~Roost

+10 approval if you understand Charizard's nickname. Charizard is the set-up Pokemon to piss on people, really. Fire Blast packs a punch and Air Slash is good as an annoying move. I'm pretty sure I don't need to explain Charizard too much.

NUclear Power Team 565
Seismitoad "Seismitoss" @ Leftovers
232 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 24 Spd
Water Absorb ability
Modest nature
~Stealth Rock
~Hydro Pump
~Earth Power
~Toxic

Seismitoad is actually a pretty good Pokemon to use. It's not like Whishcash who can only set up to be useful, and the other Water/Ground-types are all in higher tiers. Anyway, Stealth Rock is there because I sometimes like using Seismitoad as the lead instead of Primeape, and this set is more offensive than defensive to fit the theme. Toxic is for predicted Pokemon that resists Water and Ground, like Tangela. Also, Earth Power on Seismitoad allows Primeape to come in and take out Gorebyss, so that's something.

NUclear Power Team 634
Eelektross "Unagi" @ Expert Belt
140 Atk / 244 Sp. Atk / 124 Spd
Levitate ability
Rash nature
~Thunderbolt
~Superpower
~Flamethrower
~Giga Drain

Eelektross at its finest, and it sure is one hell of a scary Pokemon. While I can't really switch it into certain Pokemon, I can switch it and frighten some Pokemon that are slower than it, like Golem. Overall, it's a great mix, and it's guaranteed to either take something down or weaken one.

NUclear Power Team 217
Ursaring "Umbra" @ Toxic Orb
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Quick Feet ability
Jolly nature
~Swords Dance
~Facade
~Earthquake
~Crunch

And finally, here's the finale, my late-game sweeper. I can usually predict a great time to use Swords Dance, thus I don't need Protect really. Facade is the main move and hits harder than Earthquake and Crunch, so Earthquake is there to take out Steel- and Rock-type (or both, since it is NU...), while Crunch takes out pesky Ghost-types.

---
Overall, my team is pretty handy. Some of the pieces don't fit the puzzle, but it's pretty cool. Anyway, comments and suggestions are always appreciated!

___
Videos:

First battle
mjfblaze
mjfblaze
Post Master
Post Master

Male Number of posts : 1298
Friend code : 3308 - 5621 - 5605
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Candy Chart
Candy:
NUclear Power Team Left_bar_bleue35/1000NUclear Power Team Empty_bar_bleue  (35/1000)

Back to top Go down

NUclear Power Team Empty Re: NUclear Power Team

Post by BoomDude Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:21 pm

My experience in NU isn't that great, especially having been away from Pokemon for so long. However, given the relatively few threats in NU, it seems like a pretty well rounded team to me. But a good share of battling is using the poke's well, infact, after you have a team made, thats all there is left really xP
BoomDude
BoomDude

Male Number of posts : 47
Friend code : Pokémon pearl: Name-Conner FC-3437-3190-7187
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Candy Chart
Candy:
NUclear Power Team Left_bar_bleue0/0NUclear Power Team Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down