Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!
Worldwide Pokemon League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Set In-Stone Clauses Discussion"

5 posters

Go down

"Set In-Stone Clauses Discussion" Empty "Set In-Stone Clauses Discussion"

Post by Dragon9 Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:06 pm

Right so the title kinds of gives it away. Latios told me too start this discussion so yeah.

Sleep Clause - No more than one pokémon on your opponents team may be put too sleep, until the sleeping pokémon has either woken up or is out of the match.

Evasion Clause - Moves that boost evasion like Double Team and Minimize are forbidden. Avoid the use of Accupressure as it has a 1/7 chance to double your evasion.

Species Clause - You may not use the same Pokémon twice in a team. For example you may not use 2 Piplups.

OHKO Clause - Moves that automatically one-hit KO may not be used. For example Sheer Cold, Fissure.

Debatable: No Hax Items - The following items are banned because they increase luck and alter the gameplay:
BrightPowder, Focus Band, King's Rock, Lax Incense, Lucky Punch, Quick Claw, Razor Claw, Razor Fang, Scope Lens,and Stick.

Yeah so what do you think of the clauses. I personally think we should have No Hax Items clause. But what do you think? For sleep clause, should you be allowed to put a pokémon too sleep if your opponent used Rest, since you didn't get too choose which pokemon gets put too sleep?
Dragon9
Dragon9

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-01-12

Back to top Go down

"Set In-Stone Clauses Discussion" Empty Re: "Set In-Stone Clauses Discussion"

Post by Bennet3 Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:45 pm

Alright yes u should have a No Hax Item Clause and for Sleep make is so u can put another poke asleep after the opponent puts one asleep.
Bennet3
Bennet3
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 571
Power Ranking : A class
Friend code : 4341 3387 3170
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Candy Chart
Candy:
"Set In-Stone Clauses Discussion" Left_bar_bleue0/0"Set In-Stone Clauses Discussion" Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Latios Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:11 am

You should be allowed to put a pokemon to sleep if your opponent used rest imo. Rest isn't like normal sleep-induced attacks, it always lasts two turns and the user inflicts it on himself. Hax items should be banned. I agree with all the rest.
Latios
Latios
Lead Administrator
Lead Administrator

Male Number of posts : 1894
Friend code : (brawl) 5112-3249-7754
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Candy Chart
Candy:
"Set In-Stone Clauses Discussion" Left_bar_bleue470/1000"Set In-Stone Clauses Discussion" Empty_bar_bleue  (470/1000)

http://www.wwpl.phpbb9.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bennet3 Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:49 am

Thank you for repeating what i said. But yes i agree.
Bennet3
Bennet3
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 571
Power Ranking : A class
Friend code : 4341 3387 3170
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Candy Chart
Candy:
"Set In-Stone Clauses Discussion" Left_bar_bleue0/0"Set In-Stone Clauses Discussion" Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost42 Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:07 am

IMO clauses should be decided by the people battling but also have a default clause (ie if one of the battlers want's a clause and the other doesn't then the "default" will be used).
Ghost42
Ghost42
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Candy Chart
Candy:
"Set In-Stone Clauses Discussion" Left_bar_bleue-5/1000"Set In-Stone Clauses Discussion" Empty_bar_bleue  (-5/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellrider Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:44 pm

I thought Resting Pokemon didn't count towards the one Pokemon asleep at a time limit, at least that's how I've always seen it explained. I'm going to try and test that on Shoddy. I know it's not the end all answer, but it'll give an impression of how the clause was meant to be interpreted.

I'm kind of neutral on the No Luck Item Clause. The chances of them activating are low, but when they do work it's devastating. As you already know. It might be a good rule to have in place.

EDIT: Well, on Shoddy you may still Sleep one other Pokemon after your opponent uses Rest. After that it will continue to fail unless the Pokemon YOU put to sleep wakes up or faints. I probably should of saved the log. I think that's how most other sites use it. However we will have to judge how we want it to work.
Hellrider
Evil Space Duck
Evil Space Duck

Male Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Candy Chart
Candy:
"Set In-Stone Clauses Discussion" Left_bar_bleue2/8"Set In-Stone Clauses Discussion" Empty_bar_bleue  (2/8)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down