Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!
Worldwide Pokemon League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In-site Clans or Gym Leaders

+2
Bennet3
Shockvalue
6 posters

Go down

Clans or Gyms

In-site Clans or Gym Leaders Vote_lcap0%In-site Clans or Gym Leaders Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
In-site Clans or Gym Leaders Vote_lcap43%In-site Clans or Gym Leaders Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]
In-site Clans or Gym Leaders Vote_lcap57%In-site Clans or Gym Leaders Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

In-site Clans or Gym Leaders Empty In-site Clans or Gym Leaders

Post by Shockvalue Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:26 pm

Bennet and I were discussing possibilities to help activity increase on the site. One main aspect of having an active pokemon website is to have active battlers. Unfortunately, tournaments just aren't enough to satisfy this need. As possibilities we decided on these:

In-site clans where active members may start their own clan or join another. Much like gamebattles, including seasons, leaders etc., but would be able to have their own private forum, obviously more than two clan members, and whatever else the clan may want to have.

OR

Gym Leaders and an Elite Four

The members of this would be largely based on tournament placements and such. Each challenger would have to face the gym leader and his/her subordinates to get the "badge."

If you have any suggestions for either of these please feel free to post.
Shockvalue
Shockvalue
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 612
Friend code : 3781 7083 0138
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Candy Chart
Candy:
In-site Clans or Gym Leaders Left_bar_bleue90/1000In-site Clans or Gym Leaders Empty_bar_bleue  (90/1000)

Back to top Go down

In-site Clans or Gym Leaders Empty Re: In-site Clans or Gym Leaders

Post by Bennet3 Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:52 pm

Also, Gym leader matches will more then likely be 4 v 4 matches with the gym leader only using pokemon that match his gym. Example: If the gym leader was ground he would only use ground pokemon, but if the gym leader was UU it could be a 6 v 6, and BOTH the leader and the challenger could only use UU pokes.
Bennet3
Bennet3
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 571
Power Ranking : A class
Friend code : 4341 3387 3170
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Candy Chart
Candy:
In-site Clans or Gym Leaders Left_bar_bleue0/0In-site Clans or Gym Leaders Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by mjfblaze Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:14 pm

I have to say a clan would be better considering that we're pretty low on members to start Gym Leaders and Elite Fours, however, the Gym Leaders and Elite Fours could possibly help us gain members. Both could benefit us as we could kind of advertise for WWPL with the clans, and the Gym Leaders + Elite Four could perk their interest to have them (hopefully) stay.
mjfblaze
mjfblaze
Post Master
Post Master

Male Number of posts : 1298
Friend code : 3308 - 5621 - 5605
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Candy Chart
Candy:
In-site Clans or Gym Leaders Left_bar_bleue35/1000In-site Clans or Gym Leaders Empty_bar_bleue  (35/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by BoomDude Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:57 am

I'd go for the gym leader/elite four bit. I've always like the idea of them anywhere I've gone though. Just fun playing people like that. I don't know about the 4 vs. 4 though. Why not just let challenger and gymleader keep the normal 6 vs 6 of standard battles? It would be like a normal monotype battle vs a regular team? I do agree with keeping the tiers though, UU vs UU ect.

I don't know bout the clans, there' loads of clans out there, and it seems like your to trying to tke GB's idea and use it here...
BoomDude
BoomDude

Male Number of posts : 47
Friend code : Pokémon pearl: Name-Conner FC-3437-3190-7187
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Candy Chart
Candy:
In-site Clans or Gym Leaders Left_bar_bleue0/0In-site Clans or Gym Leaders Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jpg Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:22 am

I voted gyms. nothing says we have to have the full 13 members to run it
Jpg
Jpg
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male Number of posts : 1249
Power Ranking : B class
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Candy Chart
Candy:
In-site Clans or Gym Leaders Left_bar_bleue0/1000In-site Clans or Gym Leaders Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bennet3 Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:00 pm

Ok since it seems like the support is more towards the gyms we will do that. Right now since Latios is on vacation Landon and I will be spear heading this.
Bennet3
Bennet3
Administrator
Administrator

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaark Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:01 pm

I voted for both because I think would great to have some organization with Gyms and things, but also Clan battles would be fun too. Tests what clan members can help their clan-mates with among other things.
Spaark
Spaark
elite poster
elite poster

Male Number of posts : 796
Friend code : Look to the sig
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Candy Chart
Candy:
In-site Clans or Gym Leaders Left_bar_bleue0/1000In-site Clans or Gym Leaders Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bennet3 Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:53 pm

Alright this has been decided. Landon and I will head both the Gym system as well as doing a Clan system. If you would like to be a gym leader please sign up in the sign up topic. Link here:
http://www.pokemonwifi.org/t1738-gym-leader-sign-ups
Bennet3
Bennet3
Administrator
Administrator

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaark Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:20 am

Alright. Don't you think we should have some kind of category specifically for Clans then?

And like, should we have like a base group of clans? Like for instance: in that category there were, oh say, 5 base clans. Users would then be able to choose which one of those clans they wanted to be in based on Criteria, Personal Preference, etc.

Or, are we just going to have some people start up their own clans, and take it from there?

If Option A, I'd love to help with discussing some criteria or something for those clans. Like type difference, battle style, single/double/triple/rotation battle preference, etc.

If Option B, then I'd join someone's clan if I wanted to!
Spaark
Spaark
elite poster
elite poster

Male Number of posts : 796
Friend code : Look to the sig
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Bennet3 Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:49 pm

The clans will be done but Landon and I are not sure how we are going to get them set up first. We will get the Gyms on their feet then focus in on the clans.
Bennet3
Bennet3
Administrator
Administrator

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shockvalue Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:32 am

bennet3 wrote:The clans will be done but Landon and I are not sure how we are going to get them set up first. We will get the Gyms on their feet then focus in on the clans.

I'd say well start out with 2-4 clans at first. That way we have enough to possibly have events between them, but a small enough number so that every member wont have his own clan. I'll post a topic, where the first ones to sign up will be the clan leaders. Then I'll ask latios to add a forum for them, and we'll test them out.
Shockvalue
Shockvalue
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 612
Friend code : 3781 7083 0138
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Candy Chart
Candy:
In-site Clans or Gym Leaders Left_bar_bleue90/1000In-site Clans or Gym Leaders Empty_bar_bleue  (90/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bennet3 Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:08 am

I think to add more clans down the road there should be an application process, that way we don't get flooded by responses.
Bennet3
Bennet3
Administrator
Administrator

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down