Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!
Worldwide Pokemon League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RMT: My original 5th Gen Team

3 posters

Go down

RMT: My original 5th Gen Team Empty RMT: My original 5th Gen Team

Post by Shockvalue Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:59 am

I usually don't do things like this, but in order to help the discussion of Black/white, I'll start, and I encourage the rest of you to post a team or two.

To start off, I know the team isn't that great, and I don't really have a lead. Although, I have found that not having a lead has worked for me quite often.

Aerodactyl
RMT: My original 5th Gen Team 142_aerodactyl_front_norm
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Attack/ 252 Speed
Ability: Iron Head
Moves:
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Iron Head
-Crunch

My thought behind this was to see how many pokemon I could knock out with just something so simple. The sash was simply for when my opponents lead can't be KO'd.

Alakazam
RMT: My original 5th Gen Team 65_alakazam_front_norm
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Sp. Attack/252 Speed
Ability: Synchronize
Moves:
-Psychic
-Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball

I have two psychic type moves for one reason: Blissey. Everytime I'm using Alakazam and my opponent is using blissey, it doesn't take long before Blissey is gone due to psyshock.

Magnezone
RMT: My original 5th Gen Team 462_magnezone_front_norm
Item:Leftovers
Nature:Bold
EVs: 200 HP/200 Defense/110 Sp. Attack
Ability: Magnet Pull
Moves:
-HP Fire
-Charge Beam
-Flash Cannon
-Substitute

This is my ferrothorn counter for this team. The thought behind it is to use charge beam once or twice simply for the Sp. Attack boost it gives, and then HP fire it away. I've noticed that substitute doesn't really serve a purpose other than to get rid of my HP, but I'm not sure what to replace it with if I replace it with.

Porygon2
RMT: My original 5th Gen Team 233_porygon2_front_norm
Item: Eviolite
Nature: Calm
EVs: 58 Defense/ 252 Sp. Attack/ 200 Sp. Defense
Ability: Trace
Moves:
-Recover
-Toxic
-Ice beam
-Thunderbolt

The moveset is pretty standard. The eviolite brings Porygon's defenses way up, while also having a decent special attack to help get rid of the problem. Great for sword dancing Gliscors, as Bennet might have noticed.

Slowbro
RMT: My original 5th Gen Team 80_slowbro_front_norm
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/252 Defense/4 Sp. Attack
Ability: Regenerator
Moves:
-Calm Mind
-Scald
-Psychic
-Slack Off

After a calm mind or two, this thing becomes a beast. Not only is it a great physical wall/fighting counter, it's a great special tank after calm mind. With the access to an instant recovery move, if it gets to set up, the opponent is pretty much screwed.

Haxorus
RMT: My original 5th Gen Team 612_haxorus_front_norm
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 Speed
Ability: Mold Breaker
Moves:
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Return
-Brick Break

I usually wait until the end of the match to bring this out, but sometimes it can't be helped. With its great attack, and high speed with scarf, it usually surprises people who are expecting a dragon dance.
Shockvalue
Shockvalue
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 612
Friend code : 3781 7083 0138
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Candy Chart
Candy:
RMT: My original 5th Gen Team Left_bar_bleue90/1000RMT: My original 5th Gen Team Empty_bar_bleue  (90/1000)

Back to top Go down

RMT: My original 5th Gen Team Empty Re: RMT: My original 5th Gen Team

Post by Bennet3 Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:17 am

Not bad. I would probably replace Aerodactyl and Alakazam, as they are both frail. Since you don't need a lead in 5th gen (seeing as both people can see both teams and adjust accordingly) I would be more apt to get rid of Aero.

Replace Aerodactyl with a priority mover like Arcanine/Scizor/Metagross or a souter with U-turn.
Replace Alakazam with something that can take more hits like Latios/specsDragonite or a volt switcher like Gavantula.
Bennet3
Bennet3
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 571
Power Ranking : A class
Friend code : 4341 3387 3170
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Candy Chart
Candy:
RMT: My original 5th Gen Team Left_bar_bleue0/0RMT: My original 5th Gen Team Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumpy Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:06 pm

I'd Keep Alakazam (Coming from someone who likes speedy Heavy Hitters) but I'd replace Psyshock with Shadow ball, and the reason for this is because you should then replace Aerodactyl with Scizor.

Scizor Set:

4 HP
252 Attack
252 Speed
Item: Choice Band
Moveset: Bullet Punch (Priority, Plus power after STAB, Technician, and Choice Band)
U-Turn (Scouting, Switch Advantage)
Super Power (Will Destroy Blissey)
Pursuit (If you catch latios/latias, you can scare them out with U-Turn, even if they
don't switch its decedent damage)
Stumpy
Stumpy

Male Number of posts : 22
Friend code : 0604 5559 9883
Registration date : 2011-06-25

Candy Chart
Candy:
RMT: My original 5th Gen Team Left_bar_bleue50/1000RMT: My original 5th Gen Team Empty_bar_bleue  (50/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shockvalue Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:22 pm

Stumpy wrote:I'd Keep Alakazam (Coming from someone who likes speedy Heavy Hitters) but I'd replace Psyshock with Shadow ball, and the reason for this is because you should then replace Aerodactyl with Scizor.

Scizor Set:

4 HP
252 Attack
252 Speed
Item: Choice Band
Moveset: Bullet Punch (Priority, Plus power after STAB, Technician, and Choice Band)
U-Turn (Scouting, Switch Advantage)
Super Power (Will Destroy Blissey)
Pursuit (If you catch latios/latias, you can scare them out with U-Turn, even if they
don't switch its decedent damage)

Alakazam already has shadow ball... The point of psyshock is to help get rid of the special walls that people send out, such as blissey. One psyshock from Alakazam usually OHKO's blissey.
Shockvalue
Shockvalue
Administrator
Administrator

Candy Chart
Candy:
RMT: My original 5th Gen Team Left_bar_bleue90/1000RMT: My original 5th Gen Team Empty_bar_bleue  (90/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stumpy Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:34 pm

Oh alright My bad i missed that. But You agree on the scizor in place of aerodactyl?
Stumpy
Stumpy

Male Number of posts : 22
Friend code : 0604 5559 9883
Registration date : 2011-06-25

Candy Chart
Candy:
RMT: My original 5th Gen Team Left_bar_bleue50/1000RMT: My original 5th Gen Team Empty_bar_bleue  (50/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Shockvalue Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:57 pm

Stumpy wrote:Oh alright My bad i missed that. But You agree on the scizor in place of aerodactyl?

I'll try it out for a while since both you and bennet suggested a scizor in place of Aerodactyl.
Shockvalue
Shockvalue
Administrator
Administrator

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down