Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!
Worldwide Pokemon League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon X & Y Strategy Guide

3 posters

Go down

Pokemon X & Y Strategy Guide Empty Pokemon X & Y Strategy Guide

Post by mjfblaze Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:22 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-The-Official-Strategy-Guide/dp/0804161992/

Cladstn should buy this for everyone. I'm actually thinking about getting it, but it's 3 months too soon. I kind of want to know everything about this game, but I still want the pleasure of not knowing what's ahead. I'd only get it to see if there's something added that they didn't tell us about, which is a possibility.
mjfblaze
mjfblaze
Post Master
Post Master

Male Number of posts : 1298
Friend code : 3308 - 5621 - 5605
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Candy Chart
Candy:
Pokemon X & Y Strategy Guide Left_bar_bleue35/1000Pokemon X & Y Strategy Guide Empty_bar_bleue  (35/1000)

Back to top Go down

Pokemon X & Y Strategy Guide Empty Re: Pokemon X & Y Strategy Guide

Post by Jpg Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:44 pm

So... is this legit or is he pre-emptively screwing people over?
Jpg
Jpg
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male Number of posts : 1249
Power Ranking : B class
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Candy Chart
Candy:
Pokemon X & Y Strategy Guide Left_bar_bleue0/1000Pokemon X & Y Strategy Guide Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by mjfblaze Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:51 pm

Well, it is released on October, the same day as Pokemon X and Y, so it's legit.
mjfblaze
mjfblaze
Post Master
Post Master

Candy Chart
Candy:
Pokemon X & Y Strategy Guide Left_bar_bleue35/1000Pokemon X & Y Strategy Guide Empty_bar_bleue  (35/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jpg Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:16 pm

mjfblaze wrote:Well, it is released on October, the same day as Pokemon X and Y, so it's legit.

But if it's released on the same day, how will he know anything about the game?
Jpg
Jpg
Elite Member
Elite Member

Candy Chart
Candy:
Pokemon X & Y Strategy Guide Left_bar_bleue0/1000Pokemon X & Y Strategy Guide Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cladstn_Vampire Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:57 am

Who's ever store opens first will have the information first. Remember the world is getting it the 12th, so unless one country sucks a dick and breaks the street date... probably somewhere in europe this is going to be the only information of the whole game within minutes of release. Plus this is just amazon maybe some retailers might put this out early.

I'm downloading it from the eShop so by the time most of you wake up, I'll have the information, maybe I'll beat the game twice. Also I might buy this if its a nice Hardcover like the last two guides for BW and B2W2. I only got the BW guide but they look really nice Black/White with silver outlines of the Zekrom/Reshiram. Even if I buy it the earliest I'll get it will be Monday or Tuesday, I hate buying anything from GameStop unless I have to.

Also note, if you're PreOrdering it from amazon its always best to Pre-Order it the day the Pre-Order is available. If you end up not wanting you can cancel a day or two before the release date from your orders page. Since if you Pre-Order it now, on some random day it might drop to like 15 dollars, and with Amazon's PreOrder Guarantee you'll always get the lowest price. And if you decided to PreOrder later on, it might be back up to the 17.99.
Cladstn_Vampire
Cladstn_Vampire
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Male Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Candy Chart
Candy:
Pokemon X & Y Strategy Guide Left_bar_bleue0/0Pokemon X & Y Strategy Guide Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jpg Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:22 pm

Let me rephrase. Is this an official guide or a scam? If it comes out the same day, surely anyone outside of Nintendo couldn't possible know anything in-depth about the game.
Jpg
Jpg
Elite Member
Elite Member

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cladstn_Vampire Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:24 am

You know how this works right? They send early copies to media so we can have guides and reviews on release. It's not like they decided to mass produce the week before release and have the company vow complete silence and threaten to kill if anything gets out. People like this get the game 2-3 weeks before release and they play, it and they write stuff but they aren't suppose to say anything about the game until the release, otherwise they stop providing them with review copies and such.
Cladstn_Vampire
Cladstn_Vampire
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Candy Chart
Candy:
Pokemon X & Y Strategy Guide Left_bar_bleue0/0Pokemon X & Y Strategy Guide Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jpg Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:59 am

Cladstn_Vampire wrote:You know how this works right? They send early copies to media so we can have guides and reviews on release. It's not like they decided to mass produce the week before release and have the company vow complete silence and threaten to kill if anything gets out. People like this get the game 2-3 weeks before release and they play, it and they write stuff but they aren't suppose to say anything about the game until the release, otherwise they stop providing them with review copies and such.

Ah. I knew it was common for other games, but I didn't realise Pokémon did it as well. I need to get involved in the media...
Jpg
Jpg
Elite Member
Elite Member

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by mjfblaze Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:26 pm

[quote="Cladstn_Vampire" It's not like they decided to mass produce the week before release and have the company vow complete silence and threaten to kill if anything gets out.[/quote]

This is probably the best thing I have ever read on here.

But anyway, if we get the Strategy Guide, we can put some of the content that we wouldn't know before on this site, like TMs and HMs location. Stuff to not really spoil, but when you're trying to grind and refind items for the E4.
mjfblaze
mjfblaze
Post Master
Post Master

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cladstn_Vampire Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:37 pm

I'm most likely getting it but, it'll be monday or tuesday when I get it. Also I have class tuesday so if I do get that day, it'll probably be wednesday for most of you when I'll be able to post.

I think it might be easier just to post information and compile it onto some master guide thread.
Cladstn_Vampire
Cladstn_Vampire
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down