Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!
Worldwide Pokemon League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Thought

3 posters

Go down

General Thought Empty General Thought

Post by mjfblaze Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:43 pm

This topic going to be very broad: what's your general thought on anything in this game? It could range from Pokemon, ability, type, items, moves, clothing, gimmicks, etc. It's just you and your thought on this one thing.

__

I'm just going to say it, Hawlucha is going to be one of my favorite Pokemon now. The typing is amazing offensively (Fighting/Flying), it has access to some really good moves (Swords Dance + Acrobatics + HJK), great speed and decent Attack, and Limber ability. Though it's good, it has five weaknesses and resistance/immunity, which is really meh, and a good scarf user could KO him because his defenses aren't that special. Though it has Acrobatics and High Jump Kick, it doesn't really have any other coverage moves so far, so it's mediocre. Though it has its flaws, it's a generally good Pokemon. I can definitely see it in UU tier.
mjfblaze
mjfblaze
Post Master
Post Master

Male Number of posts : 1298
Friend code : 3308 - 5621 - 5605
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Candy Chart
Candy:
General Thought Left_bar_bleue35/1000General Thought Empty_bar_bleue  (35/1000)

Back to top Go down

General Thought Empty Re: General Thought

Post by JKYLspartan Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:27 pm

I don't know, so far i've liked it a lot. The game could be perfect if it had more post league stuff. When you beat the league there's like nothing else. That's the only thing i don't like. Now about the competitive part of it, I haven't got into that aspect yet.
JKYLspartan
JKYLspartan

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2007-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Cladstn_Vampire Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:44 am

I'll say a little bit about Hawlucha that I've noticed, from level 50 3v3 battles. By the way, Level 50 3v3 singles battles are extremely difficult, a whole different meta than level 100 6v6 singles. So originally I didn't think of adding him since, I really didn't think about countering things like Furfrou or Klefki. Now hes on the team and already, I've changed his set twice, he started with Poison Jab, Bulk Up, Flying Press, Encore. Both moves are blocked by Aegislash, so I had to switch Poison Jab to U-Turn so I could easily switch in case of a Fairy or Aegislash. Next big thing was Encore, its nice but, by itself I couldn't force switches and after using it once they would catch on. So I had to switch Bulk Up for Torment. Then Torment+Encore really complemented U-turn well in getting advantages. But overall I think he sucks, I thought tot highly of him and he almost never comes through, he's usually killed off and my other Pokemon have to pick of the slack. It feels like the only thing hes good at is countering support, otherwise any sweepers just come and kill it off. Talonflame, Greninja, Choice Scarf Tyrantrum and Noivern all very common and all just destroy him and usually I rather have him go down over anything else. He works but he works best when he's up against teams playing completely defensively.

Cladstn_Vampire
Cladstn_Vampire
Tournament Champion
Tournament Champion

Male Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2007-11-20

Candy Chart
Candy:
General Thought Left_bar_bleue0/0General Thought Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down