Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!
Worldwide Pokemon League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to the Forum and Competitive Battling, some help please?

3 posters

Go down

New to the Forum and Competitive Battling, some help please? Empty New to the Forum and Competitive Battling, some help please?

Post by Jenckes Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:43 am

I found my self with a lot of spare time this summer and broke out the
DS. I have started making a team, then realized I'd totally screwed up
the EV's and started over again with the team so it'll be another few days before I've got 6 battle worthy pokes.

I'd like to be a part of a
community that I can battle with frequently, I have a few questions I
was hoping you guys could help me out with.

1. I notice that it
looks like most of your battles look like lvl 100. Is there a setting
that just looks at the base stats and brings them up to 100? Because
that looks like a lot of training, I have a lucky egg but that still
looks like a lot.

2. Is no Ubers a rule? Because I personally hate using them, and I wasn't sure if you guys played that way or not.

Is there a place to just set up 1v1 battles and trades? I have a
scyther that needs evolving as well as a machoke, and probably a seadra
down the line.

I hope you guys can help answer my questions, thanks.
Jenckes
Jenckes

Number of posts : 6
Friend code : 5370 7347 6074
Registration date : 2009-06-19

Back to top Go down

New to the Forum and Competitive Battling, some help please? Empty Re: New to the Forum and Competitive Battling, some help please?

Post by Spaark Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:49 am

Well, yes this a community for battling, trading, and other things that involve wi-fi compatible games.

To answer your first question, when you play a level 100 pokemon match, it makes your pokemon's level automatically go up to level 100 but just for that match and all the stats and such will be raised to a certain level depending on your pokemon's nature. So if it's a timid type, it's defense will most likely be 252.

For your second question, yes, no ubers is a rule that you can choose to set or not. If you do choose to set it then, ubers are allowed, and if you don't then ubers aren't allowed.

Your third question you can probably can answer yourself but, yes. The forums, the xat box on the portal page, and private messaging the user you want to battle are all ways you can contact someone for a 1v1 battle.
Spaark
Spaark
elite poster
elite poster

Male Number of posts : 796
Friend code : Look to the sig
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Candy Chart
Candy:
New to the Forum and Competitive Battling, some help please? Left_bar_bleue0/1000New to the Forum and Competitive Battling, some help please? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

New to the Forum and Competitive Battling, some help please? Empty Re: New to the Forum and Competitive Battling, some help please?

Post by Malaikvavit Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:49 pm

Spaark wrote:Well, yes this a community for battling, trading, and other things that involve wi-fi compatible games.

To answer your first question, when you play a level 100 pokemon match, it makes your pokemon's level automatically go up to level 100 but just for that match and all the stats and such will be raised to a certain level depending on your pokemon's nature. So if it's a timid type, it's defense will most likely be 252.

For your second question, yes, no ubers is a rule that you can choose to set or not. If you do choose to set it then, ubers are allowed, and if you don't then ubers aren't allowed.

Your third question you can probably can answer yourself but, yes. The forums, the xat box on the portal page, and private messaging the user you want to battle are all ways you can contact someone for a 1v1 battle.

It's not really a setting you can turn off and on, the battlers just agree whether or not to use ubers.

Third question, just hop in the chatbox and someone will probably just give you the trades you need to evolve your pokemon.
Malaikvavit
Malaikvavit
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2007-11-11

Candy Chart
Candy:
New to the Forum and Competitive Battling, some help please? Left_bar_bleue55/1000New to the Forum and Competitive Battling, some help please? Empty_bar_bleue  (55/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down