Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!
Worldwide Pokemon League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm Thinking of Making a Tier List (Topic 2, Deoxies S).

+2
Fan1
Ghost42
6 posters

Go down

I'm Thinking of Making a Tier List (Topic 2, Deoxies S). Empty I'm Thinking of Making a Tier List (Topic 2, Deoxies S).

Post by Ghost42 Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:44 am

The fist thing we should discuss is how many tiers will we have? (most sites
have 5, however I'd personally like to go for 6 or 7).

Once we have the number of tiers we will name them (we can use the
standard or our own, if we have more than 5 we will need to name some).

Once we have the tiers set up most pokemon will fall in to place, the ones
that don't will be discussed in this topic as well as any changes to the list
after it is made.

If you help with this you'll be credited.

History:
Deoxies-S, OU.

Last edited by on Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ghost42
Ghost42
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Candy Chart
Candy:
I'm Thinking of Making a Tier List (Topic 2, Deoxies S). Left_bar_bleue-5/1000I'm Thinking of Making a Tier List (Topic 2, Deoxies S). Empty_bar_bleue  (-5/1000)

Back to top Go down

I'm Thinking of Making a Tier List (Topic 2, Deoxies S). Empty Re: I'm Thinking of Making a Tier List (Topic 2, Deoxies S).

Post by Fan1 Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:33 am

I think it should be the standard 5 because most people know the list like this:
-Ubers
-Overused
-Borderline
-Underused
-Neverused

If it were to be differant from this and if people didnt know the tier list for this site and went into tournaments, they would probebrly brake the rules, But if you can get everyone to know the tier list if it has 6 or 7 then it should be fine. Either is fine but i think i'll go for five.
Fan1
Fan1
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Male Number of posts : 368
Friend code : 2706~9250~3736
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

I'm Thinking of Making a Tier List (Topic 2, Deoxies S). Empty Re: I'm Thinking of Making a Tier List (Topic 2, Deoxies S).

Post by JKYLspartan Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:11 pm

i agree with fan here, people may get confused when battling here cuz there are only five tiers everywhere
JKYLspartan
JKYLspartan

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2007-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Bennet3 Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:05 pm

just stick with five is say
Bennet3
Bennet3
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 571
Power Ranking : A class
Friend code : 4341 3387 3170
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Candy Chart
Candy:
I'm Thinking of Making a Tier List (Topic 2, Deoxies S). Left_bar_bleue0/0I'm Thinking of Making a Tier List (Topic 2, Deoxies S). Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost42 Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:49 am

Standared it is, though I may make sub-tiers (ie upper-lower, high-mid-low etc).

Next topic:
Deoxies-S, Uber, OU or Borderline.
This isn't a simple matter of oppinion, please give a reason as to why it should be
in the rank you choose.
Ghost42
Ghost42
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Candy Chart
Candy:
I'm Thinking of Making a Tier List (Topic 2, Deoxies S). Left_bar_bleue-5/1000I'm Thinking of Making a Tier List (Topic 2, Deoxies S). Empty_bar_bleue  (-5/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Latios Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:12 am

deo-s is borderline in my opinion. Simply based on the fact that he's not over used. The bigwigs at smogon kicked him out of the uber ties because he's so vanilla, despite his broad moveset. I've only seen a few deo-s in my time as a battler, and it really isn't useful enough to be considered OU in my opinion.
Latios
Latios
Lead Administrator
Lead Administrator

Male Number of posts : 1894
Friend code : (brawl) 5112-3249-7754
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Candy Chart
Candy:
I'm Thinking of Making a Tier List (Topic 2, Deoxies S). Left_bar_bleue470/1000I'm Thinking of Making a Tier List (Topic 2, Deoxies S). Empty_bar_bleue  (470/1000)

http://www.wwpl.phpbb9.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellrider Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:10 pm

Latiosmaster47 wrote:deo-s is borderline in my opinion. Simply based on the fact that he's not over used. The bigwigs at smogon kicked him out of the uber ties because he's so vanilla, despite his broad moveset. I've only seen a few deo-s in my time as a battler, and it really isn't useful enough to be considered OU in my opinion.

You have to remember that Pokemon aren't tiered according to their level of usage only. They gain their tier because of strength. I mean, there's plenty of Pokemon in the OU tier that you don't see every day. Being in the OU tier simply means they have the potential to be overused. I think that with his great moveset and amazing speed(although mediocre in all others, except for it's horrible Base 50 HP) he should at least be OU until he gets a little more testing. Personally, I've seen a great uprising of Deoxys-S ever since he was pronounced a probationary OU. I haven't personally used him myself much, but I've battled plenty. They're not very hard to counter in OU, but are too strong to be BL, so I think it should stay there.
Hellrider
Evil Space Duck
Evil Space Duck

Male Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Candy Chart
Candy:
I'm Thinking of Making a Tier List (Topic 2, Deoxies S). Left_bar_bleue2/8I'm Thinking of Making a Tier List (Topic 2, Deoxies S). Empty_bar_bleue  (2/8)

Back to top Go down

Post by Latios Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:24 pm

hellrider000 wrote:You have to remember that Pokemon aren't tiered according to their level of usage only.
That's exactly the reason why I mentioned his mediocre stats and lukewarm potential. Yes, yes he has a wide base of moves to choose from, but due to his mediocre def/sp. def, he gets 2HKOed by most everything. The only real use I've seen for deo-s is as a support pokemon, and personally, I see forretress and donphan as much better supports.

It's my opinion, the status of deo-s is up for debate but my opinion is not.
Latios
Latios
Lead Administrator
Lead Administrator

Candy Chart
Candy:
I'm Thinking of Making a Tier List (Topic 2, Deoxies S). Left_bar_bleue470/1000I'm Thinking of Making a Tier List (Topic 2, Deoxies S). Empty_bar_bleue  (470/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellrider Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:39 pm

Latiosmaster47 wrote:Yes, yes he has a wide base of moves to choose from, but due to his mediocre def/sp. def, he gets 2HKOed by most everything.
Well, that's if he doesn't KO them 1st considering he outspeeds all of the OU metagame, if they are't boosted. (Agility, Choice Scarf, etc.)

Latiosmaster47 wrote: The only real use I've seen for deo-s is as a support pokemon, and personally, I see forretress and donphan as much better supports.
Well, Deoxys-S is a different kind of supporter than them. Those two are mainly Spikers/SR, while Deoxys can also do those things, he has a lot more to choose from than them, and some of it he can put to better use considering he's faster.

Latiosmaster47 wrote:It's my opinion, the status of deo-s is up for debate but my opinion is not.
I am debating about it's status. I'm debating against you because you have a different opinion(and you're then only other person posting Laughing ), not trying to change your opinion.
Hellrider
Evil Space Duck
Evil Space Duck

Candy Chart
Candy:
I'm Thinking of Making a Tier List (Topic 2, Deoxies S). Left_bar_bleue2/8I'm Thinking of Making a Tier List (Topic 2, Deoxies S). Empty_bar_bleue  (2/8)

Back to top Go down

Post by Latios Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:59 pm

fair enough. It looks like deo needs more testing anyway. I don't think Deo-s would win in a support battle between some of the more proven supporters. Anything with a first-attacking move (azumarril, donphan, etc.) gets an easy win over deo-s as well because it essentially neutralizes his speed bonus.

he outspeeds everything in the everything play btw <_< but his speed means nothing against a poke like donphan.
Latios
Latios
Lead Administrator
Lead Administrator

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellrider Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:31 pm

I think Deoxys-S can pretty fairly stand up to Donphan's Ice Shard.

Timid Deoxys with 252 Sp. Atk EVs does w\ Ice Beam 66-78% to a 252 HP EV Donphan. A definite 2HKO.

In return, Adamant Donphan with 252 Atk EVs only does 19-22% to Deoxys-S with Ice Shard, and does 70-82% with EQ. So it's a possible 2HKO, if the Deoxys doesn't have Leftovers, which is standard on the EV set I used, which is the standard supporter.

Choice Band 252 Atk EV Azumarill does 49-58% to Deoxys with Aqua Jet.
While the same Deoxys above only does 19-22% with Superpower in return.

So it looks like CB Azumarill can beat Deoxys-S 1 on 1, which is yet another reason why I think he should stay in OU instead of Ubers.

I forgot to factor in items like Leftovers, so these might not turn out exactly like those numbers show.

I would do Foretress and a whole bunch of other OU Pokes, and maybe some ubers, but I'm too lazy. Sleep

Calculations done on the Metal Kid Damage Calculator

Is anybody else ever gonna post. Question

Last edited by on Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:03 am; edited 4 times in total
Hellrider
Evil Space Duck
Evil Space Duck

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Latios Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:52 pm

hellrider000 wrote:Timid Deoxys with 252 Sp. Atk EVs does 66-78% to a 252 HP EV Donphan.
what attack is deoxys using?

the way to take him out isn't consecutive ice shards anyway, it's some harder hitting attack first (I.E. earthquake) then a quick hit from ice shard to knock out deo before he has a chance to respond.

That's the point I was trying to get across anyway.
Latios
Latios
Lead Administrator
Lead Administrator

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellrider Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:04 pm

Latiosmaster47 wrote:
hellrider000 wrote:Timid Deoxys with 252 Sp. Atk EVs does 66-78% to a 252 HP EV Donphan.
what attack is deoxys using?

the way to take him out isn't consecutive ice shards anyway, it's some harder hitting attack first (I.E. earthquake) then a quick hit from ice shard to knock out deo before he has a chance to respond.

That's the point I was trying to get across anyway.
Yeah, I thought about that scenario as soon as I posted that so I went back and did the EQ calcs, and also fixed up the post a little more, including making sure all the attacks were there.

So, just check my last post.
Hellrider
Evil Space Duck
Evil Space Duck

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down