Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Worldwide Pokemon League
Please log into the site, or sign up if you don't have an account!
Worldwide Pokemon League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold

+10
Blue11
maxh
Prosecutor PL
Spaark
Jpg
mjfblaze
Yamiadra
Shockvalue
Latios
hypergamer
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Empty Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold

Post by hypergamer Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:23 am

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_117

Because Gen 2 got the most votes in the earlier thread, the playthrough will be for Pokemon Gold Version. I chose the gold version because it's the version I first played originally. At the start of the game, you'll be asked to set the time. This is part of the game's "real time" feature.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Timese10

This will make it dark and night and bright at day. In addition to that, there are some pokemon that only appear during the night.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_310

Here, Professer Oak tells us his name and tells about how the world is inhabited by "creatures that we call pokemon". Some people play with pokemon, and some battle with them. But there's a lot of mysteries that have yet to be solved.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_410

Anyway, Oak proceeds to tell us that we're about to embark on a new adventure. However, he needs to know our name first.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_510

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_610

I was going to name myself WWPL, but I'd rather be original and this IS my playthrough, after all. Oak tells me about how my very own pokemon adventure is about to unfold. How I'll face good times and tough challenges.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_710

But that's enough of that. We start off the actual game in our room. There's no potion in the PC like in Red and Blue, however, so there's no point in staying here.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_810

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_910

Once we go downstairs, our mom tells us that Prof. Elm was looking for us and also gives us our Pokegear (which just got back from the repair shop.) She also forgot what day of the week it is. Our pokegear also came with a phone, and she told us how to use it.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_110

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_111

When we walk outside, we see a bunch of people standing around. However, there's nothing to do besides go talk to a guy who's staring in a window. He comments to himself about how it's "the famous elm pokemon laboratory", and then asks what we're staring at and proceeds to kick us away (you can see me about to fall to the ground after being kicked in the second picture).

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_112

We proceed to the Lab where Prof. Elm tells us about how his acquaintance, Mr. Pokemon (why is he named that?), has made a startling discovery and that "this time, it's real". He wants us to go check it out and is going to give us a pokemon to help us do so. Here, we have 3 choices:

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_113

You can choose cyndaquil, the fire pokemon.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_114

Or perhaps totodile, the water pokemon.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_115

You can also take the wrapper from the snack Prof. Elm ate and use that as your pokemon.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_116

Well that other one isn't exactly true, but it's just as good as the third choice (in my opinion, at least): Chikorita.

So those are the choices. Cyndaquil has good speed and special attack, totodile has good attack and defense, and chikorita has good defense and special defense.

I'll leave this up to you guys. There won't be a poll up, so just post whatever pokemon you want me to use, and I'll use it.

Last edited by hypergamer on Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:19 am; edited 7 times in total
hypergamer
hypergamer
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 446
Power Ranking : B class
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Candy Chart
Candy:
Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Left_bar_bleue8000/8000Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Empty_bar_bleue  (8000/8000)

Back to top Go down

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Empty Re: Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold

Post by Latios Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:10 am

Good start, voted up.
Latios
Latios
Lead Administrator
Lead Administrator

Male Number of posts : 1894
Friend code : (brawl) 5112-3249-7754

Candy Chart
Candy:
Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Left_bar_bleue470/1000Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Empty_bar_bleue  (470/1000)

http://www.wwpl.phpbb9.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shockvalue Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:03 am

Totodile ftw, it was always my favorite
Shockvalue
Shockvalue
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 612
Friend code : 3781 7083 0138
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Candy Chart
Candy:
Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Left_bar_bleue90/1000Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Empty_bar_bleue  (90/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiadra Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:05 am

Go Toto.

he da bomb.

whats in the trashcan though?

I don't remember that part.
Yamiadra
Yamiadra

Male Number of posts : 82
Friend code : 0602-5816-7927
Registration date : 2009-06-27

Candy Chart
Candy:
Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Left_bar_bleue0/0Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Latios Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:12 am

Chikorita, because you apparently like that pokemon the least.
Latios
Latios
Lead Administrator
Lead Administrator

Male Number of posts : 1894
Friend code : (brawl) 5112-3249-7754

Candy Chart
Candy:
Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Left_bar_bleue470/1000Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Empty_bar_bleue  (470/1000)

http://www.wwpl.phpbb9.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiadra Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:26 am

go with Missingno

it evolves into Kangheskan

pretty trick, yah?
Yamiadra
Yamiadra

Male Number of posts : 82
Friend code : 0602-5816-7927

Candy Chart
Candy:
Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Left_bar_bleue0/0Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by mjfblaze Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:07 am

Tododile is awesome
mjfblaze
mjfblaze
Post Master
Post Master

Male Number of posts : 1298
Friend code : 3308 - 5621 - 5605
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Candy Chart
Candy:
Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Left_bar_bleue35/1000Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Empty_bar_bleue  (35/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jpg Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:53 am

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Totodile
Jpg
Jpg
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male Number of posts : 1249
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Candy Chart
Candy:
Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Left_bar_bleue0/1000Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaark Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:37 pm

i'd say the totodile, Razz
Spaark
Spaark
elite poster
elite poster

Male Number of posts : 796
Friend code : Look to the sig
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Candy Chart
Candy:
Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Left_bar_bleue0/1000Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Empty_bar_bleue  (0/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Prosecutor PL Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:37 pm

Totodile just becasue I like water Pokemon
Prosecutor PL
Prosecutor PL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male Number of posts : 591
Power Ranking : Top C
Friend code : diamond-4424-8247-0006 Brawl-5327-0568-5728
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Candy Chart
Candy:
Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Left_bar_bleue135/1000Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Empty_bar_bleue  (135/1000)

http://www.pokemonwifi.org

Back to top Go down

Post by maxh Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:16 pm

i would say cyndaquil but it seems everyone wants to use totadile so i choose him
maxh
maxh

Male Number of posts : 87
Friend code : 4897-4491-7162
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue11 Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:26 pm

I always go with the grass pokemon: chikorita
Blue11
Blue11
Post Master
Post Master

Male Number of posts : 1172
Friend code : 5241 9954 1789
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Candy Chart
Candy:
Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Left_bar_bleue95/1000Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Empty_bar_bleue  (95/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blace42 Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:55 pm

TODIDILE FTW
Blace42

Male Number of posts : 37
Friend code : 0603-4104-1781

Back to top Go down

Post by hypergamer Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:09 pm

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_118

The votes are in, and it seems I must take totodile as my starter. It's got decent stats all around along with good attack and defense and it learns some decent moves as well. This is the pokemon to take if you're looking for something balanced that can take hits and deal them. But anyway, what should we name our new pokemon?

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_119

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_120

"Why totodile?" you might ask. Well, I don't really like its later names and I couldn't really think of anything else. So totodile will stay totodile. Forever.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_210

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_212

Elm tells us where Mr. Pokemon lives and also gives us his phone number in case anything goes wrong. I don't think we'll have to call him, though. A direct route to Cherrygrove? Smooth sailing.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_213

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_214

Something many people don't think to check is your pokemon's item. It will be holding a berry that restores 10 HP (it's not called an Oran Berry, though). Although I did take the berry, I put it back on afterwords. There's also a place where you can heal your pokemon in the lab. Lastly, as you near the exit, one of Prof. Elm's assistants will come up to you and give you a potion. It's best to save this for later on.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold 800px-Route_29

And here we finally are. This is route 29, just outside of New Bark Town (which we just left). For each area where there are pokemon, I'll list the pokemon, their rarity, and a short description of them made by myself. Old pokemon will be shown and have their rarities given, but won't be described again.

During the Day

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_016Pidgey, Levels 2-4. Rarity: 55%

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_019Rattata, Level 4, Rarity: 5%

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_161Sentret, Levels 2-3, Rarity: 40%

At Night

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_019Rattata, Levels 2-4, 15%

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_163Hoothoot, levels 2-4, 85%

Pidgey is a pretty good pokemon to catch. It's a normal/flying type with decent stats overall (its highest being speed), although it's not exactly a new pokemon and you could do better. It evolves into Pidgeotto at level 18 and Pidgeot at level 36.

Rattata is a pokemon I don't recommend at all. Although its stats aren't really too bad, they aren't good either and you're probably sick of rattata if you've played Red or Blue. It's a normal type and evolves into Raticate at level 20.

Sentret is the first "new" pokemon in the game (not counting starters). However, it doesn't learn very good moves and its stats aren't flattering either. I wouldn't really recommend it. It's a normal type that evolves into Furret at level 15.

Hoothoot is our other johto pokemon in this route. Its attack and defense are a bit lacking, but all of its other stats (especially HP) are pretty good. It's a normal/flying type, although it learns some psychic moves. It evolves into Noctowl at level 20.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_216

As I was walking through the grass, I was met with my very first battle in the game! This hoothoot doesn't exactly look....good, though. Oh well, I defeated it by using scratch constantly and moved on. By the way, I'm not going to show all the wild pokemon battles, only ones with new pokemon.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_218

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_217

If you go through this house, you'll make it to the southern part of route 46. However, the only thing to do here is catch pokemon, and there aren't many good ones either. The pokemon in this area are:

At all times

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_039Jigglypuff, levels 3-5, Rarity: 5%

In the Morning

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_019Rattata, level 2, Rarity: 20%

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_021Spearow, levels 2-3, Rarity: 35%

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_074Geodude, levels 2-3, Rarity : 40%

During the Day

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_019Rattata, level 2, Rarity: 20%

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_021Spearow, levels 2-3, Rarity: 35%

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_074Geodude, levels 2-3, Rarity: 40%

At Night

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_019Rattata, levels 2-3, Rarity: 50%

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_074Geodude, levels 2-4, Rarity: 45%

Because this is the first area to incorporate all of them, I'll explain how the day-night system works in this game. It's fairly simple: In some regions, certain pokemon will only come out during certain times of the day. These times are Morning, Day, and Night. Some pokemon come out at all of these times, while others only come out during one or two.

Either way, the new pokemon we have here are Spearow, Geodude, and Jigglypuff.

Spearow is definitely a nice pokemon to have. If you don't want a pidgey, then this is pretty much the alternative. It's a normal/flying type with good speed and decent other stats. It evolves into Fearow at level 20.

Geodude is not too good of a pokemon. Rock/ground isn't a very good type. It has double weaknesses to both grass and water, and although its attack and defense is excellent, a single grass or water attack is enough to take it out. Its final evolution can only be obtained by trading, so you may have some difficulty getting it. I really don't recommend Geodude. It evolves into Graveler at level 25 and into Golem via trade.

Jigglypuff is a great special wall. Although you'll need a moon stone to evolve it, it has great special defense and a huge HP stat. If you're too lazy to get yourself a Blissey, then Jigglypuff wouldn't be a bad idea. Jigglypuff is a normal type. It evolves from Igglybuff via happiness and into Wigglytuff when you use a moon stone.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_219

But that's enough of that. We've made it to Cherrygrove! Totodile also leveled up from fighting random Hoothoots and currently knows scratch and leer. Either way, I'm done for now. Later on, we'll check out Cherrygrove and see what's going on.
hypergamer
hypergamer
Administrator
Administrator

Candy Chart
Candy:
Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Left_bar_bleue8000/8000Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Empty_bar_bleue  (8000/8000)

Back to top Go down

Post by mjfblaze Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:55 pm

Alright, that's pretty cool. Thanks for keeping it updated. Can't wait to see more. Smile
mjfblaze
mjfblaze
Post Master
Post Master

Candy Chart
Candy:
Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Left_bar_bleue35/1000Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Empty_bar_bleue  (35/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by hypergamer Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:16 am

(Screenshots will be smaller from now on because it's a faster way of doing things).

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_311

If you talk to the guy that you see when you first enter Cherrygrove, he'll show and explain some of the things you can expect to see on your pokemon adventure. Here he shows us the pokemon center, where we can go to heal our pokemon and store ones we've caught.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_312

Next he shows us the pokemon mart. We can buy things like healing items and poke balls here.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_313

He then proceeds to talk about route 30. This is where we'll be going soon, so be prepared.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_314

He then talks about how some pokemon can be caught in bodies of water. We won't be able to catch these pokemon just yet, but we will be able to later on.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_315 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_316

For listening to him babble on about this stuff, he gives us a map card. This lets us access a map from our pokegear.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_511

Here it is in action. It's basically just a town map.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_411

I went to the pokemon center and healed Totodile. You're probably going to want to heal your pokemon whenever you can.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_317

I also went to the Poke Mart to get some poke balls, but they were fresh out. You aren't able to catch pokemon just yet.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_512

But that's enough of that. Let's take on route 30!

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold 107px-Route_30

Note: There are pokemon that can be caught via fishing and surfing here, but I will not be showing them. Those pokemon will be shown once we have the ability to catch them.

The pokemon in this area are:

In the Morning

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_010Caterpie, levels 3-4, Rarity: 50%

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_011Metapod, level 4, Rarity: 10%

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_016Pidgey, levels 2-4, Rarity: 40%

During the Day

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_010Caterpie, levels 3-4, Rarity: 35%

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_011Metapod, levels 4-5, Rarity: 15%

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_016Pidgey, levels 2-4, Rarity: 50%

At Night

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_019Rattata, levels 3-4, Rarity: 40%

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_163Hoothoot, level 4, Rarity: 30%

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_167Spinarak, level 3, Rarity: 30%

Caterpie is not a pokemon I recommend. It has poor stats and poor moves. When it evolves into butterfree it learns sleep powder, though, so it might be helpful for catching other pokemon. Caterpie evolves into Metapod at level 7 and into Butterfree at level 10.

Metapod, despite being a higher level and evolved form of caterpie, is a pokemon I don't recommend catching at all. The only move it will know is harden, as opposed to caterpie knowing tackle when you catch it. This thing is a pain to train and you're better off just getting a Caterpie. Metapod evolves from Caterpie at level 7 and into Butterfree at level 10.

Spinarak is yet another one of the pokemon I don't recommend. It doesn't have very good stats and its moves aren't too good either. Its signature move, spider web, simply keeps the opponent from switching out and doesn't do anything else. You're better off just not catching a spinarak. It evolvse into Ariados at level 22.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_318 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_319

Once you go through a few patches of grass, you'll reach this house with a fruit tree next to it. The fruit tree has a berry on it, and once you go inside, a guy will tell you about the wonders of berries and give you one.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_320

Go further up the route and you'll see two pokemon trainers duking it out. Although it doesn't look like it in the slightest, the trainer you talk to is using a rattata and orders it to tackle.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_412

And here we have our first encounter with a rattata. They aren't very tough, as they only know tail whip and tackle in the wild. A few scratches were more than enough to take it out.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_413

Go through some more grass and you'll reach this sign. Apparently Mr. Pokemon's house is straight ahead. There's just some grass between us and our destination.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_414 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_415 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_416

...But right as we're about to make it to Mr. Pokemon's house, we enter a battle with this spinarak. Poison sting and string shot didn't hurt us much, and we even leveled up from the fight and learned a new move: Rage. If you use rage and your opponent does damage to you, then your attack will be raised by one stage (the attack raise only affects rage, however, so the power of other moves won't increase).

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_417

Right next to Mr. Pokemon's house is a fruit tree that contains a psncureberry. As you might guess, this berry cures poison.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_418 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_419

Mr. Pokemon greets us and tells us about how he received a weird egg from a daycare couple. He gives this to us and tells us to take it to Prof. Elm.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_420 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_513 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_514

For some reason Prof. Oak is also here and is interested that we have a rare pokemon. He talks about love, friendship, and bonding with your pokemon and just gives us a pokedex for no reason. We'll take it, I guess. Well, I guess that's it for now. I'll head back to a Pokemon Cen-

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_516 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_517

A disaster?! Well, this doesn't sound good. It's time to rush back to the Lab. What could the disaster possibly be?!
hypergamer
hypergamer
Administrator
Administrator

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Prosecutor PL Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:24 am

maybe they finally caught a mew.
Prosecutor PL
Prosecutor PL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Male Number of posts : 591
Power Ranking : Top C
Friend code : diamond-4424-8247-0006 Brawl-5327-0568-5728
Registration date : 2007-08-18

Candy Chart
Candy:
Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Left_bar_bleue135/1000Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Empty_bar_bleue  (135/1000)

http://www.pokemonwifi.org

Back to top Go down

Post by mjfblaze Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:44 pm

Or maybe the weird kid that was looking into Prof. Elm's lab busted in, stole a grass-type pokemon, and fled! :O
mjfblaze
mjfblaze
Post Master
Post Master

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by sarge51 Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:15 pm

A Mudkip was roaming around.
sarge51
sarge51
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Male Number of posts : 882
Power Ranking : A class
Friend code : D/P FC:3566 4690 5758 Plat FC: 4769 3326 5774 Brawl FC:4854 7747 1134
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by hypergamer Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:18 pm

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_518 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_519

As we head back to the lab, we encounter caterpie and metapod, each for the first time. Caterpie put up a bit of a fight, although we took it out easily. The metapod, only knowing harden, was a chore to defeat. We did get to level 8 from the fight, though, so there's at least that.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_521 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_611 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_612

This guy isn't very nice. He's got something against us, he's even angry enough to call us a wimp. But hey, we've got one of the best pokemon in the world. If he's looking for a battle, there's no way he ca-

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_613 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_614

A good pokemon, eh? This oughta be a challenge. Well, our first trainer battle should be at least a bit difficult.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_616 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_615

And as a large pokeball flashes on the screen, the battle begins. I wonder what great pokemon he's talking about...

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_617

Well this is going to be easy. Just using rage over and over again will make this an easy win.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_618 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_619 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_620 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_711

After just a few rages, chikorita fainted and we got 67 experience points. We've won against this guy without even breaking a sweat. Now it's time to head back to Prof. Elm!

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_713 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_714

When we get back to the lab, a police officer seems to be investigating the case. It seems a pokemon was stolen, and the culprit had long, red hair. Wanting further information, the officer asks us the person's name:

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_715 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_716 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_717 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_718

I'm not going to let him live stealing a pokemon down, though. From here on out he will always be known as "Thief".

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_719 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_720 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_721

We then talk to Prof. Elm, and he asks us what Mr. Pokemon's big discovery was. We hand him the egg, and he steps back and looks at it.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_811 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_812 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_813

Wondering if it's a pokemon egg, Elm tells us he'll call us if anything happens with the egg. He's also shocked about how Prof. Oak gave us a pokedex and talks about how Oak knows which trainers have huge potential. Prof. Elm tells us we could even possibly be the next pokemon champion.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_814 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_815

After Elm is done talking, his assistant gives us a poke ball. It's actually 5 poke balls, but he doesn't say that.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_816

Either way, next time we'll go through the routes and take on the first pokemon gym.
hypergamer
hypergamer
Administrator
Administrator

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by dominic345 Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:02 pm

Wow, so far so good; hyper. this will also be cool for some people that have never played any of the second generation pokemon games.
dominic345
dominic345
elite poster
elite poster

Male Number of posts : 605

Candy Chart
Candy:
Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Left_bar_bleue25/1000Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Empty_bar_bleue  (25/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by masterzman Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:23 pm

Amazing job so far : o.
masterzman
masterzman

Number of posts : 974
Friend code : 1333-0695-5827

Candy Chart
Candy:
Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Left_bar_bleue65/1000Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Empty_bar_bleue  (65/1000)

Back to top Go down

Post by mjfblaze Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:52 am

Some people have never played G/S/C? O__o

Download a Gameboy Emulator, download Pokemon Crystal, play. <__<
mjfblaze
mjfblaze
Post Master
Post Master

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by hypergamer Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:35 pm

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_817 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_818 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_819 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_911

As soon as start off toward Violet City, a guy walks up to us and asks us if we'd like to know how to catch a pokemon. If you say yes, he'll walk into the grass and encounter a rattata. After throwing one poke ball, he captures it and says "That's how you do it." If you talk to him after that, he'll say weakening the pokemon makes them easier to catch.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_912 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_913

After we walk through some grass, we encounter a pidgey and sentret, each for the first time! A few scratches were more than enough to take them out, though. Totodile also got to level 9.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_914

After going through some grass on route 30, we see that we can now go through the area where those people were battling.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_915 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_916 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_917

If you walk in front of this guy, he'll battle you. He only has one rattata, though, so he isn't tough at all. Totodile got a critical hit with scratch and took his rattata out in one shot.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_121 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_918 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_122 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_123

This trainer has a pidgey and a rattata. Not hard to beat, although when his rattata got us to 11 HP our berry activated and restored our health by 10. You can also see scratch in action. Although it isn't shown, Totodile got to level 10 from that fight.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_124

Walk further up route 30, and you'll see this trainer. Well, you'll think he's a trainer, but talking to him reveals that he actually isn't a trainer.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_125 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_126

You don't have to battle this guy, but he's not tough. His pokemon are just two caterpies, nothing that can't be defeated by using scratch over and over again.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_127 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_128 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_129

Walk just a little farther north, and you'll be greeted with a call from mom. I totally forgot to tell her that I was going on a pokemon adventure, but Prof. Elm told her about it for me. Either way, she'll ask you if you want her to save some of your money. I said yes for now, but I'll let you guys decide.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Route_31

After your mom hangs up, just one step forward will mean you're officially on route 31. The new pokemon on this route are:

At all times

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_069Bellsprout, level 3, Rarity: 20%

In the morning

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_010Caterpie, levels 4-5, Rarity: 35%

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_011Metapod, level 5, Rarity: 15%

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_016Pidgey, level 3, Rarity: 30%

During the Day

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_010Caterpie, levels 4-5, Rarity: 35%

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_011Metapod, levels 5-6, Rarity: 15%

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_016Pidgey, level 3, Rarity: 30%

At Night

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_019Rattata, levels 4-5, Rarity: 40%

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_163Hoothoot, level 5, Rarity: 10%

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_167Spinarak, level 4, Rarity: 30%

Bellsprout is the one new pokemon we've got on this route. Although it's not a pokemon that originated in Johto, it certainly is a good one. Bellsprout has great attack and special attack, and with moves like sleep powder and razor leaf, it's a pokemon I definitely recommend catching. Bellsprout evolves into Weepinbell at level 21 and evolves into Victreebel via a leaf stone.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_130 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_131

The first thing you'll probably see when you enter route 31 is this cave. You don't have to enter it, and you probably shouldn't just yet. The cave is dark and difficult to navigate, so you'll probably want to wait until you get a certain HM before entering. The pokemon that can be caught in this part of the cave are:

At all times

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_041Zubat, levels 2-4, Rarity: 39%

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_074Geodude, levels 2-4, Rarity: 60%

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Spr_2g_206Dunsparce, level 4, Rarity: 1%

Zubat is a pokemon that, despite being incredibly common, I actually don't discourage catching. Its speed is incredible and its other stats are decent. It doesn't learn very powerful attacks, so you may want to teach it a few TMs, but with its final evolution (Crobat) introduced in Gold and Silver, it's definitely a pokemon worth catching. Zubat evolves into Golbat at level 22 and into Crobat via happiness.

Dunsparce isn't a very worthwhile pokemon. Despite its rarity, the only good stat it has is HP and its other stats are below average. Generation 3 saved this pokemon with the serene grace ability, but in Gold and Silver it's not worth catching at all. Dunsparce does not have any evolutions.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_133

Next to the cave is an antidote (items, like in the other pokemon games, look like poke balls when you're walking around).

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_132

Farther west from the cave is a tree that holds a bitter berry. Bitter berries cure pokemon of confusion.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_134

South from the bitter berry is a poke ball (it's not hidden, I had just already picked it up).

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_135 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_136 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_137 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_138

Near the poke ball is this trainer. He's got 3 caterpie and a weedle (shown here because it's a pokemon we haven't seen before). You can also see the "saving money" thing: we got 32 pokedollars for winning, and some of that was sent to mom.

Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_139 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_140 Hyper's Playthrough: Pokemon Gold Gold_141

Walk through some more grass and you'll make it to this station. If you talk to the guy operating it, he'll ask you if you've been to sprout tower. Once you go out the other side of the station, you're in Violet City! Next time we'll check out sprout tower and take on the gym.

Also, I'll let you guys decide whether I should let mom save money or if I should keep it all for myself (this feature of the game can be turned on and off at any time in the game by calling mom, so I'm letting you decide whether I should turn it off forever or leave it on). Just post which one you'd like to happen in this thread.

In addition to that, feel free to suggest pokemon that you want me to add to my team. Movesets, items, be as specific as you want. Just make sure to suggest a pokemon, and I'll take it into consideration (all suggestions should be posted in this thread).
hypergamer
hypergamer
Administrator
Administrator

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by mjfblaze Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:37 pm

I would suggest Bellsprout, but if you're not playing Crystal, then I don't recommend it since it cannot evolve to Victreebel.
mjfblaze
mjfblaze
Post Master
Post Master

Candy Chart
Candy:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next